Chapter 56 - One of the Seven (I)

It's me again!!! This is the extra chapter!! Yes, you heard it right, you greedy fox! An EXTRA!!! There's one more chapter scheduled to come out this week!!

Love y'all!!!

Enjoy!!

____________________________

Seven Sins Commander POV:

Humans.

My head was filled with thoughts as I stood on top of the largest hill in the area, watching over the unfolding of the battle between our army and the humans as wind lightly caressed my face.

I didn't loathe humans. They were sentient beings, just like us. Only, their body didn't have the physical strength to support their intellect. Unlike us demons, whose body was built to fight and brawl, humans' bodies were pitifully weak. Not even their armors could protect them from the difference in strength between our races. Yet, why would we struggle against them if they were inferior.

I looked at the distribution between our troops. Silver armor, coupled with some shabby-looking individuals who were rather strong, as opposed to their looks, overwhelmed the demon army in sheer numbers. The situation on the other hand was locked into a stand-still. Neither side was able to gain an advantage unto the other.

I looked up the sky.

Humans... Their ability to procreate was incomparable to that of demons. No matter how many were killed, more popped up, like pests.

It was only for this reason that they could hold out against the demon army. Aside from a few strong individuals who were at other parts of the fronts, humans needed to overwhelm our armies in numbers to even be able to retaliate.

As a commander, these kind of wars were the most boring. There was no need for much strategy. The only reason I hadn't joined the battle yet, was because I had to be able to maintain a broad view on the enemy troops, in case a sneak attack occurred.

Thinking about how superficial my worth was in this battle, I tightened my grip on the two swords that hung on my waist. My boundless rage seemed to be sucked into the swords, calming me down somewhat.

I sighed. It was not yet time to kill. Not yet time to have some fun. I looked over my shoulder the Northeast. Zirias was fighting over there... My grip tightened again.

I mumbled to myself.

"If that bitchass isn't going to give me the sign soon, I'll cut his goddamn head off..."

Just as a slight, dark smile suffused on my mouth, thinking about the many ways I could kill him, a shout interrupted me in my thoughts.

"Commander! Spatial transformation behind the enemy line!"

A young man reported to me. Seeing his nervousness, he shouldn't have been recruited too long ago.

Even the young are fighting now... Is all of this really necessary?

I held my thoughts to myself as the young man continued.

"Are we engaging sir?"

I looked at the ground and then at the soft purple light in the distance.

"Put the reserves on standby. Don't engage"

A dark smile appeared on my face again.

"I want to see the kind of person they'd send here before I rip their face to shreds"

**************

Toru's POV:

The bright light of the transportation formation dimmed and revealed our surroundings.

Bare hills surrounded our position. Everywhere were signs of fights and battles, with blood and broken pieces of armor all over the ground. Human and demon corpses, some intact but most of them ripped apart in several pieces surrounded us.

As I saw this, I immediately used Earth Magic and summoned a slight wall around Maria. Glancing at her, she didn't seem to have seen anything of her environment.

I focused on the sight in front of us again. Hundreds of troops clad in silver armor fought against demons, which were about one and a half times the size of an adult man. About four to five human soldiers were needed to fight a single demon. Here and there, humans who seemed to be adventurers fought at the human's side as well. Most of them even did better than the normal soldiers.

As our group of five people appeared, a young man quickly headed towards us.

He seemed to have a high rank, as his armor nor himself seemed to bear any signs of actual fighting. Nevertheless, the actual front was barely 100 meters (109 yards) away. Quickly, I made a decision.

"Hiruyis, come with me. Ilya, Aristasia, please take good care of Maria and receive our welcoming party"

With these words, I walked towards the frontline, Spatial Magic underneath my feet, each one of my steps letting me cross several meters at once.

Hurried footsteps sounded behind me, assuring that Hiruyis was following right behind me.