Chapter 32 - Seven Sin Commander

Sorry everyone it took so long =_=
Been reading some good novels lately and well, forgot to write a bit.
(Novels I read are: True Martial World, Shura's Wrath, Against the Gods, Reign of the Hunters, Awakening. Each one is awesome, but you'll have to look on the web to find them if you're interested, they ain't on Wattpad)
_____________________________________

"Yeah", I answered solemnly," To do it that coordinated... I believe there is someone or something commanding these monsters..."

When Ilya heard my words, her expression turned grave," You think so too... How will you deal with it?"

"Just watch", I unhurriedly answered as I put away my weapons. I spread out my arms and took a stance while closing my eyes and activating [Life-force Detection].

Red and black flames lit up the darkness as I saw the life-force of the demonic beasts. I silently calculated all the distances and directions in my head, and activated one of my strongest magics, a God-rank one.

"[Heaven Erupt]", I whispered.

BOOOM!!! BOOOOM!!!

Loud thunderclap-like sounds came from the inside of my body, as purple-coloured lightning started to run over my body. The sounds became louder and louder, until it subdued all sound in the area. The lightning accumulating around my body rose up as well, becoming an enormous pillar of crackling light. Black clouds started to fill the sky and a light drizzle fell down on the battlefield. This magic was the apex of lightning-attributed magic and its effects on both beasts as humans became clear. The once-so-adamant demonic beasts stopped in their tracks and carefully retreated, howling and screaming in fear, trying to get away as far as possible but being too scared to do so, while the humans felt their scalps go numb as the gigantic pressure of the magic fell over them, silently happy I wasn't an enemy.

The human experts all stared in shock when they saw my magic. Purple lightning and sky-filling thunderclaps were the absolute top one could reach in lightning magic, but they had always thought it was material for fairy tales. Now that they saw someone was able to conjure it, they held their breaths and tried to save this scene in their minds.

When I felt the accumulated power reached its maximum, I slapped my hands together.

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMM!!!!

A deafening explosion sound rang out as the magic thunder that now reached the black sky fell down on the ground and annihilated everything it touched. The radius of destruction was about 5 km (3.1 miles), but I created a magic wall in front of the city to protect it. After about 30 seconds the heart-wrenching screams of dying beasts had quieted down and silence fell over the battlefield. The ground was scorched black and even the centuries-old trees of the forest were mowed down completely. The only sign of life on the battlefield came from me. I stood upright, casually with my hands in the pockets of my pants. Not even my clothes were affected by the blast and if it was not for the countless monster corpses and black-burnt ground around me, I could've been on a picnic.

While every single human in the city couldn't even move because of the shock I gave them, I walked to the edge of the battlefield. There was a single sign of life on the corpse-littered ground.

When I arrived at its side, I saw it was a twenty-something year old demon. He was stuck under the corpse of a two meter high rhinoceros with four horns, squishing the left half of his body. His black hair had been greatly burned away and countless burn marks covered his body. His royal-looking clothes were mostly burned, but still held some form of impressiveness. Just from the clothing one could know the demon was of great status. To my surprise, the man was still conscious. His sphere-like, green eyes that looked like a cat's, stared at me in both disbelief and concern. His hands had claws instead of nails and I managed to identify what demon he was. He was a rare kind of demon, one that only appears on 0.001% of demons, a Bajang. It was a race that was similar to a vampire, although they also had the ability to turn themselves in cats. Because of that, their battle-abilities were greater than both normal beastmen or vampires, but they had an extremely low reproduction ability, resulting in the near-extinction situation they were in.

With great difficulty, he spoke some words in Bajang:" H... How? I... a Bajang, being beaten... by a human? Kill me... human...end my humiliation"

Even though he said that, he was sure I wouldn't even know what he said.

"You seem to be a prince or some other high-ranked position. What's your name?"

The fact that I spoke Bajang seemed to utterly shock the man, and it took him a while to realise I had asked him a question.

"You... you speak Bajang?... How?"

"That doesn't matter, answer the question"

"I'm... the First Master and heir of the Bajang *cough**cough* Clan, Hiruyis", he said as he coughed up blood. It was clear he was nearing the end of his life.

"I see, Hiruyis. Who sent you here?"

"... You are... not human, right?", he asked, ignoring the question.

"No, I'm not, -"

"Then", Hiruyis quickly asked another question," What race are you?"

"..."

I didn't answer and weighed my options. Then, I casted powerful wind magic all around us to protect us from onlookers and took off my hood.

When Hiruyis saw my horns and the tattoo on my face, his mouth fell open, stunned. Then, he quickly bowed his head and talked rapidly:" Lord, excuse my behaviour! Please punish this lowly one for not recognising yo-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he once again coughed up blood. I took out a small flask from my [Item Box] and held it in front of him:" I'll give you two options: one, ignore me and die; two: abandon your current master and become my servant. If  you go for the second option, you can drink this"

A hint of hesitation flashed through Hiruyis' eyes, but in only durated for a split second. The flask was a mythical-ranked potion, but its value was about saint-rank because healing items are much rarer than weaponry of the same rank. This treasure, I found on the 89th floor of the dungeon and it took me quite some effort to get it.
Although it pained me to let this kind of potion go, I felt I'd gain quite a lot.

Hiruyis tried to lift his arm to grab the flask, but didn't have the power to do so. As such, I silently poured the potion in his mouth.

The moment the potion was drunk, Hiruyis' wounds started to heal at a visible rate. In less than one minute, he was healed for about 50%.

Hiruyis stared at his arms and body in utter disbelief. This kind of potion is heaven-defying!

I just stood there, watching him, waiting for him to take the initiative.

Finally, Hiruyis turned in my direction with a flustered expression on his face and knelt down on one knee:" Young Master!! I ask you to punish me as you see fit!! This lowly one made the Young Master lose a valuable item. This subject of yours is unworthy of your benevolent treatment!!!"

His head was bowed down but his voice was resolute.

"What made you betray your previous master? Since you've been sent by someone, am I right?"

"Yes, Young Master, I indeed followed orders from my previous master. But although he's strong, he cannot be compared to a higher existence as yourself, Young Master! To have the ancient mark of the Great God Sinctar, not all of the demon empire combined can weigh up to that! Therefore, when Young Master proposed to be a slave of Young Master, there is truly not a nobler goal this lowly one could accomplish!!"

Well sh*t!!, I thought, I don't have any problems with being praised, but this...

I managed to stay calm and asked:" The ones who sent you... who are they?"

"Young Master, the ones who commanded me..."
Hiruyis stopped talking for a split moment. Seems like he doubted for a moment if he could speak. But that didn't take long as his voice continued with determination:
"They are called... the Seven Sin Commanders!!"