Part 2: Chapter 21: Where am I?

When My Heart Stops, I'll Give It To You

PART 2

Nessa's P.O.V.

Last I remembered, I had been slowly lifting up into the sky and now I've found myself on a queen size bed with velvet sheets. IS it normal to forget almost half a night?

My eyes slowly took in this unfamiliar room. The walls were covered with flowery red wallpaper and the lace curtains hung loosely over the window. There was a variety of things strewn across the floor; dress shirts, shoes, red solo cups... Where am I?

I slowly got out of my bed. My legs were aching and I was dressed in pajamas I'd never seen before. Suddenly, that whole night came rushing back to me. The park, the date with Phillip and his poisonous words, Christopher...

Christopher!

He never came back, did he? I remembered seeing his face though... And he had been lifting me up?

That was impossible. My brain was making up false scenarios. None of this explained whose bed I was in right now. My brain was desperately trying to think but I got a nagging headache every time I tried.

"Erm, Nessa Bennedict?"

My head snapped in the direction of the man calling it. He stood motionless in the doorway looking extremely awkward. "Where am I?" I asked instead of answering, pulling the covers over my body.

The boy walked further into the room and stared at me with a newfound interest. "You don't remember?" The boy's hair was a golden blonde and his bright blue eyes were piercing mine.

"Christopher did that, remember?" Another voice answered for me, coming out beside the other boy. This one seemed much more relaxed and young, with messy brown hair and a boyish smirk.

My cheeks burned, but I was too distracted by the mention of Christopher to be embarrassed for long. "Uhm, no." I turned my attention back to blondie. "Is Christopher here?" I couldn't seem to keep the excitement out of my voice.

Blondie stared at me like I was strange. "Yeah, he's outsi-"

I jumped off the bed and shoved past the two boys. I didn't even take the time to observe the beautiful house I was in. I didn't care.

Finally finding the backyard in this mansion, I swung the door open and ran outside before stopping abruptly.

The backyard was just desolated flat land. There were a few patches of green grass, but most of it was dead. I looked behind me just to make sure I was in the right yard. It didn't fit the luxurious mansion behind me. A large, dark-colored lake stretched out over the land and there, sat right in front of the lake with his back to me, was Christopher.

Relief seemed to fill every part of my body that had felt like an empty hole before. He was alive.

A grin spread across my whole face as he slowly turned around to see who had slammed the door.

As soon as both of his brilliant green eyes met mine, I couldn't help myself anymore. I ran to him like a stupid cheesy romance movie. His beautiful features lit up and he enveloped me in a hug. To feel his warm body, right there against mine felt like miracle. I wanted to laugh and cry and scream all at the same time.

The crying part was first. "I...I...t-thought you w-were d-dead." I managed out, squeezing him tighter. I could actually feel his six pack against my stomach which was a very nice bonus to the whole miracle thing.

"I know you did, Ness. I know." Christopher soothed me, running his free hand through my hair.

I pull a little away from him just so I could see him. He wiped the tears that were still streaming out and I smiled again. "Are you real?" I asked quietly.

"Yes," He laughed, planting a kiss on my jawline, making my heart pound harder against my chest.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I asked, my worried side taking over.

Christopher shrugged, still grinning. "Just bruised. He stabbed me in the chest."

"Oh my gosh, Christopher!" My voice had gotten higher and I pulled him into another hug. "You can't act like this is no big deal, it is. Does it hurt still? Let me look at look it."

"Nessie, Nessie." He frowned, shaking his head. "I'm perfectly fine. I swear."

I sighed and tried to calm myself down. "Okay, okay." My eyes took in his appearance. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, as always. But he just looked so amazing all the time. His eyes were sparkling like a kid's on Christmas.

"I believe we have a lot to talk about," Christopher grimaced, grabbing my hand in his.

"Christopher," I stopped him in his tracks back to house, placing my hand on his chest. For some reason my voice dropped to whisper, "What exactly does this mean...?" I trailed off, not exactly wanting to mention the possibility of war. My stomach began to twist the longer it takes him to answer.

He stares at me for a long time, as if deciding how to put it delicately for me. I guess after a while he decides I'm strong enough.

"Yes, Ness," He finally answered. "I leave in three days for war."

Writer's Comment- I'm really happy to have finally started to write this book again. I forgot how fun it is J I hope all my old readers and maybe some new ones will start reading Part 2 J I'll be updating every Thursday so yeah:) and I would really like to know your reactions to this so comment please! thank you for being amazing ily all

Vote, comment, enjoy!:)