(20) A Deathly Date

Aiden's P.O.V.  

I ran.  

It kinda felt like I was running for dear life, but I wasn't.  

This all just didn't add up.  

When Nessa and I were kids, she would always ask for me to hold her hand and walk beside her. Also when we were about six she told me she loved me. We were just kids, though. Once she was sixteen, she started to see a man climbing up her balcony, until she realized that he was not a man. A demon with wings dark as midnight. He would always do the same thing, grab her and take her away. I had never seen her so scared. So one night, she left her front door unlocked so I could slip in during the night.  

It was a crazy thing to do, but I just went upstairs and tried to comfort her. She admitted to me that she felt childish for it. Those nights I realized exactly how far I had fallen for her. I always kinda thought she felt the same way.  

But then she pulled away before our lips could even touch.  

Once I got to the place and I got on my knees and took a deep breath.  

"Caspor!" I yelled  

He came out of the night. He blended in so well with it. He was part of the darkness.  

His face lit up with a smile.  

"I'm taking you up on your deal." I say.  

He grabs my hand and shakes it. "You're just a human, though." He snickered. I flinched. This was the man that had attacked me, I reminded myself. But Nessa was all I had left, and Christopher had stolen her from me.  

Revenge was now my only ally.  

"I'll become like you, then. Anything. I'll do anything." I breathe.  

The man grabbed my arm and pulled me into the darkness.  

Nessa's P.O.V. 

Today is Friday.  

I have to go out on a date with Phillip today, and now that Christopher and I are dating it's going to be been harder.  

Phillip was going to try to kill me. Christopher told me what he was. A demon. Phillip was sent to kill me, and he was finally finishing the job. Christopher is going to follow us the whole date, so that calms me a bit. I had four rules from Christopher.  

1. Act completely normal with Phillip 

2. Show no signs of anything that happened between and Christopher and I, in other words act like I don't really know him 

3. If Phillip shows any signs of seeing Christopher, I have to distract him at all costs  

4. If Christopher tells me to run, I was to run as fast I could away from him to the our meadow and Christopher would meet me there. If he wasn't there by midnight, I was to get up and leave.

When Christopher told me the fourth one he added, "And you are to run away without me. Don't even look back."  

I didn't like all the "if this happens.." rules.  

And I really didn't like rule three. I have to distract Phillip. And I mean really distract him.  

I pulled out a stained T-shirt and jeans and threw them on my bed.  

"Ness..."  

I groan and see Christopher looking at me and shaking his head.  

"It's a date."  

I mumble something unintelligent and smile sweetly at Christopher. "Oh, so you want me to wear a trampy, short little dress?"  

He raises an eyebrow. "Oh, trust me I do, but only I can see it."