(11: Part 1) Nightmares of a Girl

When My Heart Stops, I'll Give It To You

"We need to talk." He says.

"You've made that pretty clear," I mumble.

"Nessa," He grabs my arm. "Stop."

"Stop what?" I snap.

"Stop acting like that. In the end, you're mine. And you will come with me no matter what."

"My mom will stop you," I say, quickly.

His eyes grow dark. "I don't think you understand how I will do anything to have you. So if it comes to that..."

"You wouldn't dare!" Anger fills me. He better not lay a hand on her.

He tightens his grip on me. "I would."

I rip my arm out of his grip. "You better not."

"It won't come to that if you just cooperate."

I throw my hands in the air with furstration. "What?! What can you possibly want from me?"

"You're important." He snaps. And then we walk right past his car.

"Christopher," I say. "We just passed your car..."

"That's because we aren't using my car,"

"Then what are we using?" I say slowly.

"My feet."

"Christopher, I live really far from school. We can't walk."

"Number one, we aren't going to your house. Number two, there is no we. I'm walking." I open my mouth to speak but he covers it.

"Jump on my back." He says.

"What-" I start.

"Jump on my back." He repeats firmly.

I furrow my eyebrows, but jump on his back. "Christopher, I need to get home. My mom is going to be worried sick. If your going to do this, I rather walk home by myself."

He just shakes his head at me and starts to run. Faster than any normal speed I have seen before. The parking lot sped past me and soon, we were in a alley way.

"What the heck-" but he cuts me off again.This was way too cliche.

"No questions, Ness. None at all. Let me talk and you need to understand," he takes a deep breath.

"But we were just in the parking lot and now we're in-" He covers my mouth again.

"Listen." He closes his eyes and backs up until we are against the wall. "It's time for you to hear my story. My whole story."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~