Prologue I

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson). I use the Harry Potter movies and the Percy Jackson books.

For this fanfiction's purpose, Nico is able to shadow-travel when he is young, but eventually, his memory will be wiped and has to develop it again with the help of Minos later on. You guys know the story.

No One's POV

1938, Venice, Italy

Panting, Bianca, about six years old, sprinted toward a house she knew would protect her from danger. Her dark brown hair, almost nearly black, bounced on her shoulders.

The girl repeatedly glanced behind her as she ran away from her so-called "home." Cold wet droplets slid down her face. She didn't bring anything with her, for she had nothing that she could bring.

She had grown up without a mother. According to her father, her mother died from an accident caused by Bianca. Because of this, he turned to alcohol.

As she grew older, he could see the resemblance between her and her mother. He hated it, and he despised her. Bianca didn't understand why her father would hate her. She didn't do anything wrong, or did she?

She arrived at the familiar brown door, the door that led to the house that always welcomed her. She banged the door furiously until it opened up.

"Anca?" She heard the familiar voice call upon her nickname.

She looked up, analyzing the black messy hair of a familiar friend. Nico di Angelo. She huffed, exhaling the stress within her out into the air. "Nico," she cried. She leaned towards him, feeling his arms wrap around her in comfort.

Nico peeked out into the quiet streets to see if anyone followed. "Come on, Anca. Let's get inside."

She nodded. Bianca, Nico's older sister, began tending the wound on her arm.

Kind of a coincidence that they both have the same name, right?

"Does it feel better, Anca?" Bianca asked.

Anca hesitantly nodded, staring longingly at the marks from her supposed guardian. Nico's mother helped clean the tears from Anca's face.

"Strange..." Nico's mother whispered, wiping Anca's face with a towel. "Your face is always so cold."

"Probably from the breeze outside, mamma," Nico thought aloud.

"Anca, are you hungry? There are some leftovers from our dinner," Nico's mother informed. Anca shook her head. "Okay, I'll go ahead and set up your bed in Bianca's room." Anca quietly thanked Nico's mother, who smiled at her and got up to leave.

Bianca finished fixing Anca's arm with a roll of bandages. "There, that should do it."

Anca smiled. "T-thank you," she managed to croak.

"It's no problem, Anca." Bianca rose to her feet. "Do you want to take a bath?"

Anca shook her head. "I'm fine, thank you."

Bianca nodded. "Okay, I'll see you upstairs." She left, leaving Nico and Anca alone.

"You alright, Anca?" Nico asked, gently picking up her bandaged arm.

Anca tried to smile. "It j-just hurts..."

He released her arm and opened his arms out for a hug. She crawled into his embrace, both holding each other tightly.