Chapter 39 Dine and Defy

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

I'll be going to Vietnam for about a month tomorrow. Not sure if I'll be updating, but be on the lookout! Have fun and be safe if you're traveling, or having a blast at home!

Honestly, I didn't like this chapter. I felt bad for portraying Bianca like this. She just seems too desperate and stalkerish here.

Bianca's POV

Geryon led us onto a black and white trolley, not the trolley carts, but a transportation kind of trolley. There was a set of longhorns attached to the hood, and the horn of the trolley sounded like a cowbell. As Geryon hopped onto his trolley vehicle, Orthus, the two-headed dog, jumped in the front seat next to him and barked happily.

Nico sat in the very back, and I watched Eurytion crawl in next to him with his spiked club. I wanted to sit next to him, even though I was a bit afraid of what he would do to me.

I didn't get a chance to talk to him yet. I was still too shocked to do anything. I decided to sit in the seat in front of him,  and I received widened eyes from the others, who took the middle seats.

"We have a huge operation!" Geryon boasted, starting the vehicle. "Horses and cattle mostly, but all sorts of exotic varieties, too."

As we rode along, we passed over a hill. "Hippalektryons? I thought they were extinct!" Annabeth gasped, staring at these half-horse and half-rooster creatures.

Their rear feet were huge yellow claws, and they also had feathery tails and red wings.

"Rooster ponies," Tyson awed. "Do they lay eggs?"

"Once a year!" Geryon exclaimed. "Very much in demand for omelettes!"

"That's horrible!" Annabeth burst out. "They must be an endangered species!"

Geryon dismissively waved his hand. "Gold is gold, darling. And you haven't tasted the omelettes."

My skin tingled, and I sniffed.

Fire.

I began to fan myself.

"Now, over here," he continued to tour around, "we have our fire-breathing horses, which you may have seen on your way in. They're bred for war, naturally."

No wonder...these stupid horses.

"What war?" Percy asked.

I stared at the mirror that was in front of Geryon and caught a sly grin flash on his face. "Oh, whichever one comes along." He cleared his throat and turned to the left side. "And over yonder, of course, are our prize red cows."

There were hundreds of red cattle grazing the side of the hill.

"So many..." Grover bleated.

"Yes, well, Apollo is too busy to see them," Geryon said. "So, he subcontracts to us. We breed them vigorously because there's such a demand."

"For what?" Percy questioned.

"Meat, of course!" He replied. "Armies have to eat."

"You kill the sacred cows of the sun god for hamburger meat?" Grover asked in disbelief. "That's against the ancient laws!"

"Oh, don't get so worked up, satyr," Geryon dismissed. "They're just animals."

"Just animals!" Grover roared.

"Yes, and if Apollo cared, I'm sure he would tell us," Geryon informed.

"I don't care about any of this, Geryon," Nico spoke up, making me glance at him. "We had business to discuss, and this wasn't it!"