Chapter 11 Year 1 - Christmas and Crave

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

Bianca's POV

I was finally discharged that night from the Hospital Wing. I was sitting with the rest of them in the common room. They explained to me what happened, and I kept profusely apologizing to Saffron.

I can't believe I almost did that! Ugh, am I gonna have a collection of ice sculptures?!?

"You're fine, Bianca," Saffron assured.

"I could've made you as my first statue!" I cried. "And I was supposed to have Ron, Fred, or George as my first!"

"Hey!" They all yelled.

"It was charmspeak, Bianca! You can't help it! No one can fight off the charmspeak unless they are really powerful." Saffron sighed. "I wonder why she can't charmspeak either...Maybe she hasn't practiced?" I heard him mutter to himself.

Practice?

Saffron shook his head, looking back at me. "You should go rest, Bianca," he advised before going up to the boy's dormitory.

I flopped myself on the couch. I stared at the others. "Are you sure it wasn't Nico who caught me?"

"We're pretty sure," they all responded.

Madam Pomfrey explained that the reason why I keep hearing his voice and seeing him is because of something called "stress."

"We don't even know what Nico looks like," George added.

"But, I was so sure that it was Nico," I argued. "He looked real. I saw his black hair. And-"

"It was Fred, Bianca," Harry interrupted.

"Maybe you should listen to Saffron. You should get some rest, Bianca. In a day or two, it'll be Christmas! We'll be getting presents!" Ron exclaimed.

I sighed, still bothered about my mom. "Is it possible that she could come to me when I'm sleeping?"

"How about we all sleep in the common room? We could all have a sleepover!" Fred suggested. "If she comes, start screaming your head off. We'll be beside you to hear the alarm."

I smiled at his idea. "Alright," I agreed. "I'm taking the couch then!"

꧁ ──── ∗ ❆ ∗ ──── ꧂

It was the next day, and I decided to visit Dumbledore. I wanted to talk about what happened yesterday. I was frightened, and I knew that I was comfortable talking about this to Dumbledore. He was strong and powerful, so maybe he could protect me from my scary mom.

"Acid Pops," I said to the gargoyle statue. It moved, allowing me to pass through.

I climbed the stairs and found Dumbledore sitting at his desk. "Oh, Bianca! How are you doing?" He asked, not even looking up. He seemed focused on his paperwork.

I walked closer to him, rubbing the back of my neck. "Um...I don't know really, Dumbly." I sat on a stool across from him.

Finally taking a look at me, Dumbledore set his quill down. "Is something wrong?"

"I..." I stopped, trying to think of the right words to explain to him about the incident. "Um...my mom visited me yesterday."

"Khione?"

I nodded. "Saffron told me that she was using this 'charmspeak' on me to freeze Saffron." I shivered. "It was horrible. I...I didn't think my mom was like that. I don't know if she was trying to protect me or if she was trying to get rid of them. I'm scared, Dumbly."