Chapter 29 Year 2 - Slugs and Secrets

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

Bianca's POV

We all settled down in the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. Saffron and I sat behind Harry and Ron. I decided to sit next to Saffron since Hermione wanted to sit with someone else who agrees that Professor Lockhart is "amazing."

Yes, we got into a fight. Over Professor Lockhart. Literally, I bet all of his books and what he says are a ton of crap!

"Let me introduce to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher...me! Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Cl-"

I zoned out of his introduction.

I bet these were all fake. He even gave us a pop quiz! A pop quiz about himself! I can't believe this guy! And of course, Hermione got the top score!

"Now, be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you while I'm here. I must ask you not to scream." Professor Lockhart gripped onto the cloth that covered the cage. "It might...PROVOKE THEM!" He revealed the "scary" creatures to us.

Seamus laughed. "Cornish pixies?"

Saffron leaned closer to me. "So...these are the foulest?" I sighed, shaking my head.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies!" Lockhart declared. "Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnigan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters." He looked at the class. "Let's see what you make of them!" Unexpectedly, he released all of them into the classroom.

There was an uproar of screams and panic from the students.

I didn't expect him to do this!

The Cornish pixies began ripping out pages from our books and destroying the furniture and the classroom. I ducked under my desk, about to pull my gloves off, but Saffron stopped me.

"Saffron!" I exclaimed.

"This is not an emergency." He gestured for me to look around.

We watched two Cornish pixies grab both of Neville's ears and raised him up. They hung him on the chandelier for him to dangle.

"You call that not an emergency?" I remarked.

"Do you see any blood? Anyone actually dying?"

I scanned my surroundings once more.

Well...not yet.

But, the Cornish pixies weren't really harming the students that much. I shook my head as I watched a Cornish pixie bother Hermione.

"Get off me!" She screamed.

"Stop! Stop! Hold still!" Harry yelled.

I grabbed one of my books and ran at them. With my book, I whacked the Cornish pixie that was bothering her.

She looked at me in relief. "T-thanks, Bianca."

"Of course, that's what friends are for."

"Peskipiksi Pesternomi!" We heard Professor Lockhart yell.

However, one of the pixies stole his wand away.

He turned to us and gave a small smile. "I'll ask you five to just nip the rest of them back into their cage..." Then he made a run for it into his little room.