Chapter 5 Year 1 - Sorting and Suspicions

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

Bianca's POV

Before we left the Hogwarts Express train to go with Hagrid on the boats, Saffron had decided to stop by the trolley lady to purchase some pumpkin pasties. It seems like he really likes them. I watched Saffron stuff them into his bag.

We began to follow Hagrid to the boats. I got in a boat with Saffron and Hermione. Saffron kept staring at the water, making sure no monsters would attack us. I didn't care really. Hogwarts was pretty safe the last time I was here.

Hermione and I got along very well, talking about Hogwarts and the classes itself. "That's a strange pretty flower in your hair," she noticed.

I touched the dead flower from Nico and blushed. "Thanks. It may look weird to you or others, but I don't care. It's a special flower."

Hermione smiled. "It must be very special to you then." She looks off into the distance. Her eyes lit up. "Oh, look at that architecture!"

I remembered this castle ever since Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall helped thaw me out. It still looked the same as before. Yellow lights were streaming out of the windows. Tall towers overlooked smaller ones. I could even point out which rooms were which from here.

The boat ride finally ended, and everyone entered the castle. I walked up the stairs with Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Saffron. We stopped in front of a familiar lady with a green hat and robes. She was blocking the entrance to the Great Hall. My face immediately brightened. I couldn't help but bounce in excitement.

I get to see Dumbly! Professor McGonagall, the other teachers, and the ghosts! Ooh! I wonder who's the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher!

I began waving to Professor McGonagall. She winked at me and then turned to everyone else. "Welcome to Hogwarts!" She greeted. "In a few moments, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you could take your seats, you must be sorted into your Houses. The Houses are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, while you're here, your House will be like your family. Your triumph will earn you points, and any rule-breaking, you will lose points. At the end of the year, the House with the most points is awarded the House Cup."

There was a croak beside Professor McGonagall.

"Trevor!" We heard a boy exclaim. He rushed over to pick up his toad. He stood up, staring at her. "S-sorry," he apologized. We all giggled. He returned to where he stood earlier.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily," she finished, then left.

I'm gonna be sorted! I wonder what House I'll be in! It doesn't really matter to me. I think all Houses have their qualities.

"It's true then," an unfamiliar voice spoke up behind us. We turned around to a boy with blond greasy hair. "What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Everyone began gasping and whispering to one another. The blond boy gestured to his friends. "This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy." He approached Harry. "Draco Malfoy." Ron snickered.

So this is one of the Malfoys Hagrid told me about...

Draco scowled at Ron. "Think my name's funny, do you? Don't think I need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley." My jaw dropped.

Rude.

Draco turned back to Harry. "You'll soon find out that some wizarding families are better than others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." He glared at Ron before turning back to Harry. "I can help you there." He extended his hand out for a handshake.