Chapter 22 Cyclopes and Conflict

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

Bianca's POV

Grover and I ran across the rope bridge and finally reached the other side. We glanced behind us to make sure that Percy and Clarisse were right behind us.

"Bianca! Dagger!" Percy reminded.

The Cyclops was right on their tail. I nodded and unfastened the hair clip off of my hair. As Percy and Clarisse scrambled across the bridge, I began cutting the ropes. The first strand separated from the others. I looked up to see Polyphemus still charging after them. With his stomps, he was making the bridge sway left and right.

"Come on..." I muttered at the tough ropes and for Percy and Clarisse to pass by me to safety.

The ropes were now half cut. The moment I sliced the last strand of the rope, Clarisse and Percy dove for the solid ground, landing beside Grover. We watched the bridge collapse into the canyon. There was an echo of Polyphemus' howl as he fell with the bridge.

I sighed in relief. "Thank Merlin..."

"I know right?" Percy agreed.

We turned around to head our way but realized the familiar giant standing right next to us.

Blimey...

"Failed!" He bellowed. "Nobody failed!"

I took care of Annabeth, while Grover and the others charged at him. However, the monster swatted them aside. I watched Percy raise his sword and attack him, stabbing the Cyclops in the belly. When Polyphemus doubled over, Percy smacked him in the nose with the hilt of his sword. Polyphemus slashed, kicked, and bashed until he was sprawled on his back. Percy was standing above the groaning monster with the tip of his sword hovering over his eye.

"Percy!" Grover gasped. "How did you-"

"Please, noooo!" Polyphemus cried, pitifully staring up at us. His nose was bleeding. A tear welled in the corner of his half-blind eye. "M-m-my sheepies need me. Only trying to protect my sheep!" He began to sob.

My heart felt heavy as I watched him bawl, but I couldn't just let my guard down, especially after he tried to boil us and make Grover into his mango delicacy.

"Kill him!" Clarisse yelled. "What are you waiting for?"

"He's a Cyclops!" Grover warned. "Don't trust him!"

But Tyson's a Cyclops too.

Polyphemus continued to let out pitiful sobs.

But Tyson is different from Polyphemus.

"I wouldn't trust him, Percy," I spoke up.

Percy sighed. "We only want the Fleece," Percy stated. "Will you agree to let us take it?"

"No!" Clarisse objected. "Kill him!"

Polyphemus sniffled. "My beautiful Fleece. Prize of my collection. Take it, cruel human. Take it and go in peace."

"I'm going to step back slowly. One false move..." Percy warned.

Polyphemus nodded as if he understood.

Wow, he was actually gonna let us go like that? You know, maybe we can trust him.

But as soon as Percy stepped back, Polyphemus smacked him to the edge of the cliff. My jaw dropped.

I take that back.

"Percy!" We cried. We were grateful he was just at the edge.

"Foolish mortal!" Polyphemus bellowed, rising to his feet. "Take my Fleece? Ha! I eat you first."