Chapter 40 Spirits and Stay

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

Annabeth's POV

After eating a bit, we headed out to the back. I was a bit worried about the summoning, and most importantly, Bianca.

Before we all ate, she was still staring in front of the fallen flower. I had to pull her away to get her to eat something. The last thing we ate were granola bars, and I didn't want her to starve during our quest and die from possible starvation. I did earn myself quite a few punches from her, but I eventually got her to eat something. Well, after she picked up the lily again and tucked it away.

Her own friend does not know her after what? More than fifty years? It's such a mess. And she does not even know about her own history? It must've been difficult all these years for her...

She was searching for hope. Love. Family. Friends. A purpose to live for. When we first bonded at Camp Half-Blood, she told me about her past and the memories she remembered. It was hard for her back then. The parent she lived with had harmed her and left her to know nothing about love. Nico and his family were the ones who taught her a few.

But, someone who taught her how to care and love someone, seemed to have crushed that.

We went out to the back and saw a twenty-foot-long pit created in front of a septic tank. The moon was full and out, and silver clouds were floating around.

"Minos should be here by now," Nico frowned. "It's full dark."

"Maybe he got lost," Percy thought aloud.

Nico poured root beer and tossed the barbecue into the pit. He began chanting in Ancient Greek. It was getting cold, and I turned to Bianca if she was creating this.

Nope, she wasn't. She was mainly focusing on Nico. Was it possible that she had feelings for him?

I shook my head.

It could also be a sibling love.

There was this sulfurous mist coming out of the ground. We began to see these shadows, forming into humans. Spirits. One drifted to the edge of the pit and knelt down to drink the root beer.

Nico slightly stopped his chanting. "Stop him! Only Bianca may drink!"

Percy drew Riptide and made the ghosts fall back. They hissed at the sight of his weapon. However, one spirit drank from the pit. The spirit started forming into a bearded man in white robes. There was a gold circlet around his head.

"Minos!" Nico called. "What are you doing?"

Minos? Son of Zeus and Europa? The manipulative king of Crete?

"My apologies, master," the ghost spoke. "The sacrifice smelled so good, I couldn't resist." He looked down and stared at his hands. He smiled. "It is good to see myself again. Almost in solid form-"

"You are disrupting the ritual!" Nico interrupted him. "Get-"

My eyes widened and stepped back as the spirits of the dead started getting brighter. Nico resumed his chant to prevent them from coming.

"Yes, quite right, master. You keep chanting," the ghost said, waving his hands. He looked at us and glared. "I've only come to protect you from these liars who would deceive you."

It was him. He's the one influencing Nico too much.

He stared at Percy. "Percy Jackson...my, my. The sons of Poseidon haven't improved over the centuries, have they?"