Chapter 62 Manhattan and Mount Olympus

Disclaimer - I don't own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, except for my OC. J. K. Rowling and Rick Riordan do, not me. (Imagine Harry Potter was in the same time period as Percy Jackson).

Well, it's been a long time. I really do have big plans for this fanfic, but life has been rough, and I am entering nursing school in August! Whoop whoop!

Expect another update soon ;) Maybe next week? Can't promise anything though. 

Bianca's POV

Everyone was scrambling around for armory and weapons. Percy had called Annabeth earlier this morning through a voicemail to meet him at the Empire State Building in Manhattan.

"Places, people!" Travis and Connor Stoll shouted. "Places!"

It was already noon, and so far, we had gathered forty campers. The Ares cabin did not help whatsoever, but we can manage without them. Hopefully.

We had three white vans that were originally used for Delphi Strawberry Service. It was our cover name for Camp Half-Blood. We all began piling into the vans. I looked around, wondering where Saffron was. My eyes searched for the satyr among the crowd and found him directing other satyrs and nymphs.

"Saffron!" I called, running to him.

He noticed me and pulled me into a quick embrace, of course, cautious of a jealous Marina. Saffron gestured to the white vans. "Be safe, kid. I'll see you later."

I eyed him. "What will you be doing?"

Saffron exhaled, resting his hands on his hips. "Wait for Grover's cue. Rally the satyrs and nature spirits."

"Bianca!" I heard Annabeth's voice. 

I spun my head to Annabeth, who was wearing black camouflage with a knife strapped to her arm. She waved me over to hop into the van.

"Be safe, okay?" Saffron repeated. "You've got your wand on you?" I nodded, patting my wand tucked underneath my blue armor. "Don't let Julia get into your mind. You're stronger than that."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I know, Molly," I chuckled at my own lame joke. 

Mrs. Weasley has been rubbing off on him. Saluting Saffron, I raced over to the white van and climbed in after Annabeth.

Our driver was Argus, a giant who had a hundred blue eyes all over his entire body. He was our security guard at the camp. The drivers of the other two vans were harpies. I was glad to not be in the same van as them.

It felt like a two-and-a-half-hour drive or possibly more. Some of the half-bloods were getting car sick or distracting themselves by looking at the scenery. The Stoll brothers were bothering and pestering Katie Gardner throughout the ride. Some of us were taking naps.

"We're almost there," I heard Annabeth whisper as we drew closer to a tunnel ahead of us. 

Annabeth's hands trembled on top of her laptop bag. I hated any physical contact, but I knew she needed some kind of assurance. I grabbed her nervous hand and gave her a small squeeze. Surprised at my initiation, she soon smiled at me and returned the gesture.

All of a sudden, her phone rang. Everyone fell silent, curious to listen to her conversation with whoever was on the other side of the call. All those who were asleep in the car had instantly woken up at the sound.

We all watched her pick up her cellular device. "Percy, where have you been? Your message said almost nothing! We've been worried sick!" She exclaimed. 

We heard mumbling through the phone. 

"We're on our way like you asked, almost to the Queens-Midtown Tunnel," Annabeth informed, analyzing her surroundings through the van's window. "But, Percy, what are you planning? We've left the camp virtually undefended, and there's no way the gods-" She sighed, nodding.