Elijah 5

Duron had just apologized for the hundredth time and by this point I was even more pissed that he kept apologizing rather than the fact that he didn't check to make sure there was no chocolate in the cake..... I couldn't really blame him though I should've check it myself but I was completely distracted by something I had saw earlier that day. After waiting two hours I was finally released, we got out to the lobby where Serenity, Terico, Jaire and Roy were waiting; damn you would've thought I was dying. As we walked out I had to listen to Serenity and Terico cuss Duron out and for the most part he remained silent but I could tell he was getting pissed, then there was Jaire who really hadn't said anything the whole time he just kept his hands in his pockets but that didn't hide the fact that his fist were balled up, that was obvious by the veins that were going up his muscular arms. We got to the cars and for a minute we all stood around awkwardly.......

"Baby it's whatever you wanna do I can make a phone call and have the whole party shut down, just say the word and I'll have everyone outta there before we get home." Duron said rubbing my back.

"Actually we were thinking about going out, it's still pretty early and I know you're not trying to stay in the house." Roy said and Duron smacked his teeth, I looked at Terico who was fiddling with the small gold cross our grandma gave him before she died which he only did when his anger was at it's limit.

"I gotta head back to the dorms for curfew so I won't be able to join y'all, Renny you wanna give me a ride back to the dorms?" Terico said and Serenity nodded.

"Ayy we'll ride with y'all, Elijah we'll be by after we drop Terico off pick up the car so let us know before then if you're going out with us." Roy said getting in the back seat of Serenity's car, I looked around and noticed it was just me, Duron and Jaire still standing there.

"Umm Elijah I really hope you feel better..... I feel like after the day you've had you deserve to relax a little bit, I'll catch you later." Jaire said getting in the car with Serenity. Me and Duron started heading home and he kept tapping his fingers on the steering wheel so I wasn't sure if he was mad or nervous about something.

"Baby......" Duron started to say but I cut him off.

"Duron if you apologize one more time, I swear I'll punch you in the dick." I said laughing, he sort of smiled but it was quickly erased by a few tears that started forming in his eyes. "Duron what's wrong?"

"I love you so much.... and I don't wanna lie to you anymore, you're the love of my life and you deserve so much more than I've given you." He said quietly and my heart started pounding in my chest. "Elijah I gotta tell you something, something that's been eating at me for a few months.... you remember that business trip to Seattle I said I had to go on in a couple days? Well the truth is it's not a business trip..... I'm going to see......" His last few words were lost because he said them so quietly.

"What?" I asked fearing the worse.

"Baby remember my first trip to San Diego?" He said focusing a little too hard on the road. I nodded I slightly remember that trip because right before he left we got into a big ass argument and I was considering breaking up with him at the time.... but that was like six years ago. "I met this chick Chantelle and well a couple weeks ago, she called me outta nowhere saying that I was the father of her child and I flew out there just to make sure..... and he's mine. So I'm flying out there for his first day of school." Duron said and it took all my willpower not to knock his ass out, so it was best if I didn't say anything. The rest of the ride home was completely quiet we pulled into the driveway and Duron's stupid ass brothers and stupid ass friends were standing outside laughing like a bunch of idiots.

"Ayy you might not wanna go in there, Diante and Unique are......" Mateo said but I ignored his stupid ass and went straight to our room and locked the bathroom door.