Elijah 14

I was over everything; for the past month I had been staying over Serenity's house and as much as I loved my sister I was getting tired of the constant 'I told you so' from her and Terico, I was also tired of my mom coming over three times a week trying to get me to give Duron another chance, I was tired of the looks of pity from Roy and Jaire, I was tired of Unique trying to hook me up with busted ass cousin.... but most of all I was tired of crying over Duron, I was tired of missing him, I was tired of listening to the last voicemail he sent the night I left. I was trying to figure out my next move and he wasn't making it easy on me, every morning he'd be outside waiting for me to go to class, then he'd be out there everyday when I got off. He'd never speak but it was like he was just making sure I was okay which was annoying as fuck. Jaire offered me a room at his place but I didn't want to invade his space, plus I didn't trust myself around him..... I was vulnerable and I still wasn't sure about me and Duron, the last thing I ever wanted to do was lead him on but I really needed to get out of Serenity's house. After spending the whole day in boring ass class trying to fight the urge to look at pictures of me and Duron, I walked out to a sky covered in dark gray clouds...... just fucking great and to make matters worse I missed the bus just as it started pouring down raining. Knowing the next one wouldn't be here for another hour I decided to walk to Terico's dorm hoping he wasn't at practice.

"Damn please don't tell me that you got your car repo'ed....." Someone said driving next to me, I turned and saw Luka driving slowly and holding up traffic. "Man get in the car." He said smirking and I weighed my options before sliding in the passenger seat.

"I still have my car I just don't feel like driving it......." I said wiping my face.

"So you rather ride the nasty ass buses than that beautiful ass Bentley? Boy you must be crazy, but seriously though Elijah I'm starting to think you are avoiding me........ if you needed a ride all you had to do was call, we are friends right?" Luka asked looking at me.

"No you're just my weed man...... speaking of which please tell me you don't have any on you because with the day I'm having it would be just my luck to get arrested for something I didn't do." I said looking out the window at this monsoon that was brewing outside.

"Nah I don't drive with weed in this car..... maybe my other one but if you let me I'm trying to be more than your weedman, I'm trying to be your homie." Luka said licking his lips.

"And do you stare at all you homies the way you stare at me?" I asked.

"Nah.... but you're different and I told you before I'm not trying to go there with you...... I know you're in a relationship and if not you still got feelings for ol'boy because it's written all over your face and I'm too much of a king to be a side nigga or a rebound, so for right now I just wanna be your friend." Luka said looking at me. "Where I'm I taking you?" After giving him the address, the rest of the ride was silent but if Luka could tell I still had feelings for Duron then maybe........

"Thanks for the ride Luka." I said as we pulled up in front of the apartments.

"Anytime..... and I mean that shyt, don't hesitate to call if you need a ride somewhere, I got you."He said smiling as I got out the car. He pulled off as I ran to the door and fiddled around with my keys.

"Who was that?" Duron said scaring the fuck outta me, after going almost a month without seeing him being this closed to him was bad, then I realized he had that jealous look in his eyes and I got pissed. "Right it's none of my business, how have you been?"

"Why are you here Duron?" I asked bluntly and he looked a little crestfallen, but quickly recovered.

"I got some papers for you to sign and I kinda need your signature by the end of the week, since I was in the neighborhood....." Duron said trialing off.