Duron 30

Today was one of the hardest days in me and Elijah's relationship, while in Dr. Pinderschloss I cried, he cried there were a few times Elijah even swung on me; but everything was out on the table, I had no more secrets from Elijah and I thought we could start to heal our relationship when this bitch ass therapist threw a fucking curve ball. Instead of helping us get back on track he asked a question that spelled out doom for our relationship, who are you without the other? It seemed like a simple question I knew who I was without Elijah and it wasn't a good person, granted I wasn't exactly a good person with him but he was able to keep me in check somewhat, but Elijah sat there for about twenty minutes before deciding he didn't know. We had been together for so long that he felt he didn't have an identity without me, and that our relationship would never work until he found out who Elijah was..... I could see it, the beginning of the end we wouldn't be together at by the end of the year and that thought alone was enough to make me walk out of the therapy session in tears. I know people refuse to believe that I truly love Elijah but I do he was my world and not being with him scared the fuck outta me.

"Duron......" Elijah said walking out behind me, we stood in the hall looking at each other until he pulled me into his arms and hugged me. "I love you Duron...... but I gotta start loving myself and I can't do that until I figure out who I am withou......"

"Baby wait...... not right now, let's just take some time to evaluate everything and meet up for dinner tonight and then we can make any decisions regarding our relationship then." I said still grasping at hope, Elijah looked in my eyes before nodding.

"I gotta get back to class but I'll call you when I'm on the way, I love you Duron." He said kissing me and wiping the few tears from my eyes.

"I love you too......." I said quietly as we walked out to our cars and took off in different directions, which was kinda symbolic considering that our relationship and lives were about to do the same. I drove around the city and found myself at my other house with Diante, I sat on his couch while him and De'Veon played the game.

"So y'all really over?" Diante asked pulling out a bong and I could see a slight smirk on his face, I guess he was happy about the possible split. "Look Duron maybe it's for the best, you were a horrible boyfriend and honestly I'm surprised Elijah never caught anything fucking with your dirty dick." Diante said laughing.

"YOU KNOW WHAT DIANTE I......" I said jumping up.

"Ayy chill Doonie I'm just playing, but seriously you don't have anyone to blame but yourself..... I would've thought that after De'Veon had them dudes break into your house y'all would've got back on track but you couldn't even get that right." Diante said and I froze before looking at De'Veon.

"Doonie I was trying to help you........" De'Veon said  backing up slowly. "Look it's not like that Doonie, I was talking to Quel and I let slip that you were having a party and he took that as you were going to be out the house... I didn't know Elijah was going to be there......" I punched De'Veon so hard that I was pretty sure I knocked his ass out. I didn't stay to see him hit the ground, I couldn't fuckin believe that De'Veon was the person behind someone breaking into my house he knew what type of person Marquel was....... Marquel I guess I was going to have to pay him a visit too but that could wait I had to focus on me and Elijah.

Around eight, I had just finished putting the finishing touches on dinner; the room was dimly light with candles and the dogs were up in there room so it was going to be me and Elijah. There was a quiet knock on the door and I quickly walked to opened, damn Elijah looked good as fuck I thought to myself as I pulled him into my arms. We didn't talk as we walked into the dining room and we sat down, all through out dinner every time one of us started to say something he'd freeze up and it wasn't until I brought out the Strawberry Cheesecake that Elijah finally spoke.