Jaire 28

I was stuck in a loop; my feelings for Elijah were growing every time I thought about him, everyone watching us assumed we were together because according to them we flirted a lot but that's just how it was between us it wasn't flirting it was natural but my problem was he was in love with Duron and that didn't look like it was going to change anytime soon now that Duron was going to 'therapy' or whatever. Then there was Cash..... we were boys; point, blank, period but lately we've been chillin a lot and I could tell feelings were there on his end and I didn't want to hurt him because of the love I had for Elijah and I wasn't helping the matter by continuing to sleep with him every chance we got. This shyt was complicated as fuck and I didn't have anyone to blame by myself because I knew before I started fucking with Cash that I was in love with Elijah but I didn't regret fucking him over and over..... if that makes sense. At least I had practice to look forward to, the team was 3-1 and looking better each day which gave me enough reason to be even harder on them which made me feel better in my own twisted way.......

"WALLACE GET OVER HERE!!!!!" I yelled because he seemed to think this was social hour and not practice, but I had no problem reminding him who was in charge. "Since you rather flirt with the cheerleaders instead of working on you horrendous free throw shooting you can explain to the rest of the team why we're having practice on Saturday at six in the morning and since I'm going to be pissed because I gotta wake up that early I'm thinking we could have Coach Jay's Saturday Morning Marathon Practice." I said smirking at the look of horror on his face.

"They're going to jump you one of these days." Cash said laughing. "So I've been going over that embarrassing lost we had a couple weeks ago and I noticed something here watch this......." Cash said pulling up the video from the blowout we suffered. I sat watching it for about five minutes before seeing something that I didn't before.....

"They aren't speaking to each other, like at all the know what their teammates are going to do with a simple look...... damn that's crazy. I've seen that in professional teams but not no high school team, hell even the most experience college team can't master something like that." I said impressed.

"Those five have been playing basketball together since they could walk it took years to develop that skill, but I also found a weakness this dude right here seems to be their leader and the one game he had to sit out for they lost so let's say we were to get him in foul trouble......" Cash said smiling.

"Then their whole teams falls apart." I replied smiling. "This is good we play them one more time and it's on their home court but that's not until February right now I wanna focus on the games we got coming up next week." I said as I was about to dismiss practice Duron walked in and I felt myself ready to go another two hours, he walked over to me nervously and pulled a letter out his pocket handing it to me. "What's this?" I asked rudely.

"An.... invitation. I'm throwing a Christmas party and I know it would mean a lot to Elijah if you were there, consider it an olive branch and you're more than welcome to bring a guest if you so choose." Duron said walking away. I thought about throwing the invite away but since it was for Elijah I would consider going but I wasn't making any promises.

After practice Elijah wanted everybody over his new place for dinner, so once I went home and change I met up with Terico and we drove over there together. Now that the college football season was over I could chill with my little bro more and I was surprised to find out Duron had hand delivered him an invite as well.

"You going?" I asked as we pulled up to Elijah's building.

"I'm not sure yet, Brittney wants to go and Unique already said she was going because supposedly Duron was giving out expensive gifts or whatever...... I'm just trying to focus on the playoffs and nothing else. Look let's just get up here because Elijah is making lasagna and you know how I feel about that....." Terico said rubbing his stomach. We walked inside I had to admit this place was nice as fuck but I didn't have time to admire everything when he walked up to me....... if I had to describe their cousin Calvin in one word it would be sneaky. But Elijah loved that dude like a brother, Terico on the other hand couldn't stand him.......

"Wassup Jaire." Calvin said pulling me into a hug and I'm sure it was a complete accident that his hand landed on my dick. "Damn..... I mean you've always been sexy but you've gotten even cuter." Calvin said as Elijah pushed him out the way playfully.

"Please tell me you're coming to the Christmas Party." Elijah said smiling.

"I guess man but you ain't getting shyt from me for about five years, so how long have those two been like that?" I asked pointing to Serenity and Roy how were cuddled up in the corner.

"Since Roy got here..... I swear it's like they wanna get together but they're both scared because Roy is immature and Serenity is too independent. It'll happen sooner or later....... Come on let me show you around." Elijah said pulling me through the penthouse. "I can't believe Calvin still has a crush on you..... remember when he used to try to walk in on you while you were in the shower." Elijah said as I sat on his bed.

"If I remember correctly you were with him a few times..... though you always had a free show whenever you wanted it." I said laughing and this is what I was talking about even though it may seem to y'all like were flirting this was just how we talked; Elijah would think I was joking but I'd be dead serious. I looked out the window as it started snowing and Elijah sat next to me.

"Are you bringing Cash to the party?" He asked and I shrugged. "Jaire as you friend I gotta ask why you and Cash haven't made things official yet."

"Because I'm in love with someone else...... he knows it, but he also knows the time isn't right for us. Cash is my boy but I would never knowingly get into a relationship with him while I have these feeling for you, I couldn't do him like that because I know if you were to ask me to be your dude I would drop him in a heartbeat and I got too much respect for him to do that." I said honestly.

"There are some days I wish you would've told me before I got with Duron....... because despite his fuck ups I love him flaws and all." Elijah said quietly. "And there other days I wish I never knew how you felt about me because I feel like I'm holding you back from finding happiness." Elijah said. You know what fuck it....... I pulled him close to me and started kissing him; everything in my life had been leading up to that kiss and it was like our entire history flashed before my eyes; the day we met, the first fight we ever got into, all the times we would wrestle in my basement or in his bedroom, prom, the day I got my college acceptance letter, draft day......... and as quickly as it started I pulled away first.

"I'm sorry..... we should probably get back down stairs." I said getting up as if nothing happened but Elijah had this far away look in his eye. "Elijah are you alright?" I asked walking back to him.

"Yeah just give me a second to gather myself........" Elijah said turning away from me, I nodded and walked downstairs just to run into Calvin, if he wasn't such a hoe I'm pretty sure he could pull anybody he wanted but he preferred to compete against Unique as to who could sleep with the most dudes.

"So Jaire you're back for good I hear....... I might have to visit more often. To me you were the one who got away and I think......." I walked away before he could finish talking because I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss, when I walked into the kitchen Terico seemed to be really pissed.

"Look Jaire I'm glad you finally made your move or whatever but you probably should've made sure y'all were alone before y'all started kissing. Imagine if it had been Unique or Calvin that saw y'all instead of me you know they live for that kind of drama." Terico said quietly.

"You're right Terico and I wasn't thinking it won't happen again......" I said but on the inside I was thinking it was definitely going to happen again much sooner than either one of use realized.

***** I'm going to be taking a break from this story until Homecoming is finished, since Homecoming is close to ending I wanna focus all my energy on wrapping that story up before returning to this one as well as Second Semester. If you have any questions message me or comment and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. *****