Aren't You Happy?

•Steven's POV•

•Steven's POV•

''Mariana! Mariana where are you?'' I called out. I walked into the dinning room. The table was drowning in wedding planning books. Scott, our wedding planner, was sitting next to Marina as they went over the details of our up and coming wedding. We were getting married on January the 5th, our anniversary, and we had five months left to get everything together.

''I'm about to go out with the guys to grab a drink. Do you need anything before I leave, honey?'' I asked, walking over to the table.

She got up and met me halfway, wrapping her arms around me and tucking her small frame into my much larger one. She tilted her head back and I leaned down kissing her soft lips.

''I'm fine.'' She said, opening her eyes and looking at me. ''Oh our mothers are coming over today to help with the planning. What would you like to eat for diner?'' She asked.

I thought for a minute. Mariana wasn't the best cook in the world, but she tried at least so I did appreciate it every time she cooked for me.

''Seafood pasta?'' I suggested. She smiled up at me.

''Sure sweetie, anything you want. Are the guys coming over for dinner too?''

''Maybe, I'll text you.'' I laughed. ''I don't think I want to invite Harrison over for dinner though, he eats like a fucking pig.''

''Language!'' Mariana said, laughing as well as she lightly punched me in the chest. ''I'll see you when you get home, I love you.''

''I love you too.'' I said, grabbing my coat before I left the house. Me and the guys, my friends, Harrison, Kenneth, Andrew, and Gareth, were going to go out to a pub and just chill a bit. They were trying to talk me out of my wedding, feeling like I moved a little to fast. I climbed into my car and headed towards the pub we were meeting at.

Truthfully, on a certain level I agreed with them. I had only known Mariana for eight months when I proposed to her, and don't get me wrong I do love her it's just in the past when I thought about my future I thought I'd at least wait a few years and get to know someone before I married them.

My parents had other plans though. They met Mariana and instantly took a very strong liking to her, for some insane reason convinced she was my soulmate. They put pressure on me to marry her and settle down soon. I've never grown out of letting my parents control my life or living to please them, I'm afraid of the disappointment I'll face, so of course I did what made them happy.

I didn't really mind emotionally seeing as though I did have strong feelings for her, and I did see a future with her, it was just down the line that I wanted all of this.

I guess seeing her all excited about the wedding made me happy on a certain level. I mean she seems really ecstatic to want to spend forever with me. I know her love is genuine, she's not using me like my parents are. That's why I won't be a background in the planning process.