A Day

•Damien’s POV•

•Damien’s POV•

I walk out of my room, heading down the hall and up the stairs. Once I weed my way down the halls and make it to Cody’s room I knock on the door before opening it.

I see a shirtless Skyler sitting on the edge of the bed, game controller in his hand and his attention a hundred percent on the video game that he’s playing.

I spot Cody cuddled up in the blankets on his bed, a pillow over his head and his relaxed demeanor meaning he’s fast asleep.

I raise a brow.

I know I shouldn’t just jump to conclusions. Skyler could’ve just as easily came into Cody’s room when he had woken up, but from the two suitcases I spot near the closet I highly doubt he ever left.

I don’t have a problem with Cody and Skyler sleeping in the same room, in the same bed. It’s just the fact that I know something is going on between them, and Cody just openly expressed to me yesterday that he doesn’t know who he wants to be with.

And if he ends up choosing Scarlet over Skyler, then him leading Skyler on like this will kill any chance he has of salvaging their friendship. He shouldn’t be fooling around with Skyler or Scarlet until he figures out who he wants to be with.

I don’t know if I sound like a dick right now, but I do know that I’m not trying to raise my brother to be an asshole. Cody’s a good person, but he’s still young. Sometimes he actually needs me to be hard on him, so that he can do the right thing.

I don’t generally like having these serious discipline conversations with Cody. I feel like they place walls between us when it comes to our communication but either way I know it’s necessary.

He’s probably going to get upset with me but I’m doing what I think is in his best interest.

This is where raising Cody gets complicated. Sometimes in certain situations I don’t want to be the bad guy, I want to be the cool older brother who lets him do whatever the hell he wants because I’m still young and I wish someone let me do whatever the hell I want.

But I can’t do that. I have to guide him in the right direction.

‘’Cody!’’ I yell, attempting to wake him up. The kid doesn’t move an inch. I sigh, about to enter the room fully, until Skyler speaks.

‘’I got you Damien,’’ Skyler says. He turns around on the bed. I lean against the doorframe and watch as he punches Cody’s leg.

I guess as a reflex Cody’s leg comes striking back, kicking Skyler right in the stomach. He hits the floor. I don’t even bother to try and hide the laugh that escapes my lips.

‘’Get away,’’ I hear Cody groan to Skyler.

‘’Get up a-hole, your brother wants you,’’ Skyler tells him, standing up from the floor and picking the game controller up.