Fuck My Promise

•Steven's POV•

''One minute ago you were exhausted,'' I said to Mariana as she let her silk lips pass across my collar bone. Her hand was gripping the hem of my shirt, lightly touching my waistline.

We had just come from a jog around our neighborhood. My legs had a slight ache in them because I've been being lazy and skipping my gym days.

I decided to join Mariana on her Saturday run today. Five minutes ago we were both sprawled out across the bed, her jokingly complaining that my energizer smoothie that we drank before our run sucked.

I threw a pillow at her, then she had climbed on top of me and that's where we were now. She had an amazing sex drive lately. Last night she wouldn't let me sleep. And the day before that, well that was just the tip of the iceberg apparently.

I wasn't complaining, but I was curious, and honestly drained.

I'm not going to lie. It's been a lot harder to give myself to Mariana completely, to make love to her, to have sex with her even, ever since I saw that photo of Damien. It's just like as soon as I get physical with her, he takes over my every thought.

I love Mariana, but I have unfinished business with Damien. And that's making my life so much harder than I ever thought it would.

I'm starting to regret going in for that interview. Dream job or not, it's about to cost me this entire life I've built.    

But then again...

I owe this entire life to him.                                                                                                          
''Honey, honey,'' I placed my hand on her shoulder and pushed lightly. ''I'm all sweaty. We're both all sweaty. Why don't we just finish this tonight?''

She leaned up, looking at me, her eyes gleaming with mischief.

''I have other plans for us tonight.'' She said, giving me this bedroom smirk of hers. I smiled.

My hand traveled up, gripping her chin and pulling her face forward so that her lips would connect with mines. I pecked her lips gently, moving into a sitting position.

''I love you Mariana, but I'm not feeling it right now.'' I told her. I went to caress her cheek but she slapped my hand away.

Okay.

She climbed off of me getting to her feet.

''I bet if the guys called you up to go get a drink, you'd be feeling that though.'' She shot back, unexpected attitude lacing her voice as she made her way to our closet.

I got up, following her. She was undressing, tossing her running clothes into the hamper.

''I really don't see what the problem is Mariana. We just had sex last night. And I said later, not no, so what's wrong?'' I asked her.

She turned around to face me, her arms folded and just from that small gesture I knew this wasn't going to be a calm conversation.

''Nothing. I just wanted to have sex with my fiancé, Steven. I mean I know that jog was pretty long but it really doesn't require that much energy for you to have sex with me!'' She yelled. Something was definitely wrong. She turned around, pulling some clothes off the hanger and walking into the bathroom.

I sighed, running a stressed hand over my face.

''Look last night was a really long night for me at work. I'm still feeling completely drained from it, even right now. And I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings intentionally. I think you're reading too much into it, I really don't want to put it this way, but babe, I feel like you're overreacting.'' I said, knowing that my life was basically over the minute the 'o' word slipped free from my lips.