Sipping Seppalainen

[two weeks after ''Stop Leaving Me'' takes place]

•Damien's POV•

''You didn't!'' Julia exclaims. She brings her hand up to cover her mouth, which takes on the shape of an O in shock. 

''Unfortunately I did, and me and my loneliness have been very friendly these past two weeks,'' I admit.

''Oh damn, he didn't call or text you?'' She asks.

''No. But you know I didn't really expect him to. I mean I wanted him to, I really did but I didn't let myself believe that he would.'' I tell her.

''Why'd you leave him another note to wake up to?'' She blurts out. I look at her as she sits on the other end of the couch and she's staring at me with a very curious look on her face.

I sigh, suddenly regretting telling her more about my history with Steven and what's been going on. I didn't realize that meant we were going to have to talk about it.

She literally just barged into my house on this nice peaceful morning and demanded I watch some stupid ass show with her. Which I didn't mind much because I have been secluding myself since I left New York, but I only agreed to it because I figured it wouldn't involve much talking.

''I honestly thought the note was a better route to go down rather than waking him up and telling him to his face. That would be the argument that never ended. And he would've never let me leave.'' I explain.

''See I've been listening to everything you've been telling me about the two of you, I mean really listening, and I think that's his point. You didn't give him a choice, yet again. You just up and left—and don't get me wrong I'm on your side, I know you had your reasons, I know Cody's health is your main priority right now, I'm just trying to maybe look at it how Steven see's it,'' She says, shrugging softly.

I shake my head.

''Steven wouldn't see it like that though,'' I disagree.

Steven knows me, he knows how I think. And he damn sure knows my intentions with him. I've made that clear from the very start.

''No, you wouldn't want Steven to see it like that. There's a difference Damien.'' Julia says, ''I think you should call him,'' She advises.

''Oh yeah, what happened to you saying he wasn't good for my health, huh?'' I tease.

She rolls her eyes at me.

''Yeah that was before I knew how fucking stubborn you were gonna be about him,'' She says. ''And besides if not supporting you in your pursuit for him means that we can't be close anymore, then it's not worth it. Trust me I'll still have my opinions, but I won't try to force them into being your opinions as well.''

''Well lucky for you there's no longer a pursuit for you to support me on,'' I sigh out, ''Look I told myself I'd let him go. That I wouldn't continue to beg for his forgiveness or follow him around like a lost puppy groveling at his feet for a second chance. If he wants something with me, I mean if he really wants it, he'll come to me.''