Just Talk To Me

•Damien's POV•

•Damien's POV•

I lay in the bed of my New York penthouse, staring up at the ceiling as I contemplate all of the different ways today could've went.

Anything is better than thinking about how it actually went.

Although I wish I could just not think about it at all because it fucking hurts.

After he sped off in his car, I basically just lost my shit right there. Julia and Javier were in the parking garage in the next minute or so but I didn't want to hear their voices.

I didn't want to hear anyone's voice but his, but he had made it very clear he'd rather hear anyone's voice but mines.

I ignored Javier and Julia, going to the valet and taking a key, I don't even know who's fucking key I took but I climbed into their car and now I'm here.

Now I'm here.

I mean I guess I understand, I understand but he doesn't.

He doesn't know that I didn't abandon him in that hotel room. I didn't leave to save my own ass, or because I was too scared, or...because I didn't love him.

I left for him.

I left because I knew the type of life Steven wanted before I shoved my tongue down his throat that night. I knew that he would never get anywhere in life if we tried to stay there and fight our parents for acceptance.

And I knew for sure my parents would never let me back into their house.

I knew Steven still had a chance, and I knew I needed to swallow the bitter truth that the only way that chance would be possible is without me holding him back.

If he would just -- fuck if he'd just let me explain.

I sigh, running my hand over my face to collect the tears that are still falling. I hear knocking at the penthouse door.

I figured that they'd get here quick, but I know they'll try to make me fly back to California as soon as possible just to get away from this...to get away from him.

And I know they mean well, they know how much leaving home, leaving Cody behind, leaving himbehind hurt me. I know they have my best interest in mind but what they don't know is that I'm not about to leave New York.

I'm not about to leave New York until I talk to Steven.

He can continue to want nothing to do with me after we talk, it'll hurt, and it'll probably take me years to get over it but I'll deal with it.

I just need to explain the situation to him, how everything really played out.

I just need him to hear me out.

And I know I don't deserve it. I don't deserve for him to hear my pleads because caused him that pain.

This is all my fault. I know, I know that