Bestfriend(s) Intervention

•Steven's POV•

•Steven's POV•

''What the hell are you doing?'' Harrison's voice echoes against the empty walls of the den. I can feel his judgmental gaze seething into the back of my head. I roll my eyes, continuing to fill the shot glass in front of me with some clear vodka.

I'm calming my nerves, clearing my mind. That's what I'm doing.

''Why are you always home all of a sudden?'' I ask him curiously.

I remember when he used to be out from midnight to noon partying. I miss that.

I bring the glass up to my lips, but before the cool liquid can slide down my throat Harrisons hand is snatching it away from my mouth.

I turn to face him, eyeing him irritably.

''Seriously Steven? It's nine in the morning.'' Harrison says, judgement laced heavily in his voice.

''I'm an avid supporter of day drinking,'' I retort, attempting to get the glass back but he yanks it away. I stand up, pushing the stool aside.

''You need to get your shit together,'' He tells me.

''I think I'm fully aware of what I need to do, but thanks for the life advice." I circle the bar and grab another bottle.

He's on my heal, reaching for the whiskey though I barely picked it up. I snatch it away quickly. "Drunk me is currently better than sober me, so I'd advise you to let me indulge."

I know I said I wouldn't.

And when I said that I really meant it. But that was when I said it.

Now I'm going through emotions quicker than Harrison goes through women. So, I'm sure he'll understand.

I'm happy, I'm over the fucking moon about getting to the ultrasound of my child this morning.

I'm in pain, I'm hurt even now by the fact that Mariana did what she did. Even though I couldn't be more recklessly ecstatic and nervous about bringing this kid into the world.

My world.

I'm upset, I'm completely pissed at Damien...no, no I'm pissed at myself. Because even though I understand his obligations to Javier, I can't figure out how to turn off this burning jealously inside of me.

I'm ashamed...of myself. For wanting all of Damien's time and attention in the first place.

I have no right.

And I wish my brain would just process that so that I can hurry the fuck up and stop feeling the way that I feel.

"There's a difference between indulging and obsessing." He mumbles bitterly. "Give me the bottle." He demands.

I raise a brow. Who the hell gave him permission to take that tone with me? "I'm not in the mood for—''

''For what? For life advice? For someone who actually gives a damn about you trying to stop you from fucking up your life?'' He barks back out at me.