Date Night

Dedicated To: insensitive_bitch for singing my favorite song with me and making my fucking day ✌❤

•Steven's POV•

It's always cold in New York. That's how I see it at least. Coming from California, I'm used to the heat but I moved to New York for college, much to my parents dismay. They were hoping I would attend Harvard or Yale like the both of them did. But that wasn't what I wanted.

I spent two years at Brown University, then a year at Cornell, and I finally transferred to New York University. My parents really lost their shit then. I mean I left two of the most famous colleges in the world for NYU.

But you see the thing is they didn't really give me what I wanted. I was so miserable there, I wasn't learning anything useful. All that those colleges were was a name. A name that the past made very famous but the present couldn't do justice.

I wasn't in High School anymore and I was tired of being in a classroom where I was smarter than the person teaching. But anyway, I went to NYU, majoring in Criminal Justice and Psychology and minoring in Graphic Design.

Right now I work as a partner at a law firm, but it obvious that's not where my heart is. I don't love what I do. I'm not in love with my job or my life right now. But it's not as easy as just quitting.

It's like the weight of the world is on my shoulders.

I can't even explain it.

''Are you ready?'' Mariana appeared behind me. She wrapped her arms around my waist from behind. Hugging me tightly.

It was Saturday. The third Saturday in this month to be exact and we were about to go out on a date night with our friends. You see one of the things that I admire about Mariana is that she's a hopeless romantic.

She loves love and it's adorable when her face lights up from something sweet. I get enjoyment from being her something sweet, I won't even lie.

''Yeah,'' I answered. We walked out of our large walk in closet, her arms still snuggly around me. ''Where are we going again?'' I asked. I turned around, facing her.

A shriek flew threw the air as I scooped her up, her legs went around my waist and I carried her over to the bed where I lied down on top of her. She smiled, her hand coming up to run along my jawline.

''Well Garreth and Suzanne wanted to go to ice skating. And then maybe we could go out to eat at that really nice restaurant on Baker St.'' She announced.

I gripped the underneath of her thighs with my hands. Her hand laced itself in my hair, the other rested on my chest.

''I really hate the cold, Mariana. Ice skating doesn't sound fun.'' I said, pouting. She plucked my nose with a finger of the hand that was once on my chest.