I Have A Job To Do

•Steven's POV•

•Steven's POV•

The sound of an alarm going off wakes me up. I roll over, refusing to open my eyes as a groan seeps its way from my lips.

Managing to get my sleep heavy eyes open, I reach over to the dresser, grabbing my phone and dismissing the alarm.

It's 5:50 in the morning.

Usually I have no problem waking up early in the morning but lately I haven't been getting any sleep. I'd stay up until at least 5:00 in the morning stressing about my selfish fiancé and my screwed engagement.

Ever since she admitted to trying to conceive without my knowledge or even my consent, ever since that night I've been staying at Harrisons place.

I have to go pick me some clothes up from my house so that I can head to the building where the photoshoot is being held. Even though it starts at eight, I want to be there at seven since Javier wants me to speak with Damien's handler, Julia Rose.

When Javier mentioned Damien having a handler I had to mute the phone just to laugh my ass off. He's the only grown man that I know who would need someone around to tell him what he can and can't do.

Anyway, when Javier described her to me she seemed like a very nice woman. Apparently, she had just recently came off of paternity leave -the irony- and would be assisting me in any way I may need.

Although I won't need much help. All I'm doing is editing the photos that the photographer takes and then taking a few photos of my own.

Somewhere inside of me I find the strength to pull myself out of the bed. I grab my phone off the dresser, making my way out of the guest room I've been crashing in for the past two days.

Clicking my phone to life I noticed the array of missed calls and unread messages. I let a sigh seep from my lips, dismissing the notifications from my sight.

I feel like a coward.

A real man wouldn't avoid his fiancée like I'm doing. Even if I'm not really avoiding her, she knows exactly where I am because I refuse to let her worry. But I also refuse to face her. I just needed some time to think.

And now that I've gotten that time to myself I can't help but want even more time. I'm going home to get some fresh clothes right now but I'm also praying she'll be at work already and not at the house when I get there.

I have a very strong love for Mariana, but I despise the part of her that does things like this. I'm not trying to go all philosophy on myself but I still don't believe people are born bad, I just believe they do really bad things.

Everyone does bad things.

And the thing that eats away at me is that it's very rare when Mariana does a bad thing, but when she does it's really fucked up.