Sipping Seppalainen - {Extended}

[two weeks after ''Stop Leaving Me'' takes place]

•Damien's POV•

''Why do you dress like that?'' Julia asks.

I grab my shoes from the edge of my bed, leaning against the dresser as I slip them onto my feet.

''Why're you still here?'' I ask in response.

''No I'm being serious, Damien. Black fitted jeans, a white V-neck and your signature leather jacket isn't exactly first date attire.'' She says. ''He could be taking you to a fancy restaurant, you never know.''

''Or,'' I say, walking back into my closet and pulling a random leather jacket off of a hanger. I walk into the room and lay down on my bed next to her. ''He could be doing something a bit more my style which means not having to deal with the public and the paparazzi at a fancy restaurant.'' I tell her.

A part of me is really looking forward to this date with Otto. I feel genuine nerves and excitement that I can honestly say I haven't felt in forever.

But then that other part of me. That part of me that just refuses to allow me to let myself be happy is gnawing away at me.

I feel guilt.

For no fucking reason obviously.

I'm not doing anything wrong. And I should know that. And I shouldn't feel bad about giving Otto a chance. And I sure as hell shouldn't feel bad about letting Steven go.

He made his choice.

And now I'm making mines as a result of that.

''I can see that look on your face. Don't do that. Don't you ruin this for yourself before it even starts. You deserve to be happy too Damien.'' Julia declares.

I sigh, shaking my head.

''I know, I know I just can't shake this feeling of guilt that I feel.'' I admit to her.

''But you have nothing to feel guilty about,'' Julia sits up on the bed, she tucks her hair behind her ears as she pulls me up into a sitting position as well. ''Listen to me,'' She says, taking my hand in hers as she looks at me seriously. ''Look, at this point I think we've established the fact that I'm not Steven's biggest fan. But I am yours. And I know you've had this weight on your shoulders for the past seven years of just wondering what could've happened between you two. And I know you would've given just about anything to find out. But I've watched you shy away from relationships with other men simply because you're holding onto the hope of only ever having to be with Steven. I think it's time to let go of that hope and start living. Don't you? I really just want you to be happy Damien. And clearly, you're not getting happiness from chasing Steven. So let someone chase you for once.''

''I second that opinion,'' Cody's voice jumps into the conversation. I look over towards my room door to see him walking in. ''Get out and enjoy yourself,'' Cody says. He grabs my jacket off of the bed and throws it at me.