Stop Leaving Me

*Damien's POV*

*Damien's POV*

''Do you wanna drive?'' Steven offers me.

I turn to face him. I look down at my hands. I sigh, consciously relaxing them from the fists they were previously in.

I'm angry.

I'm angry and I'm really trying my best to contain it because I don't want to snap at Steven.

Actually, I don't even think I'm mad. I'm not on edge anymore and my blood isn't boiling with the temptation to punch something...or someone.

I'm hurt.

After everything that we've been through together. I'm not his best friend?

Really?

I mean I know it's been seven years and I'll admit that I'm much, much closer to Julia than Steven right now but if either of them were to ever ask me which one of them are my best friend...

I would pick Steven.

No questions, no hesitation.

It doesn't matter how close me and Julia get. Steven will always be my best friend.

There's just too much history between us to call what we share anything less. Although I wouldn't mind calling it something more.

And in no way am I trying to undermine my relationship with Julia. She's a sister to me, irreplaceable by all standards.

''I don't think I should,'' I say to him.

The last thing I need to do is get behind the wheel with the way I'm feeling. I'm liable to zone out and have us both end up in a wreck.

I walk around to the passenger side of his car, climbing in when he unlocks the door and putting my seat belt on.

''So,'' He says. He starts the engine and cranks the heat up in the car. ''Where do you wanna go?'' He asks.

My phone rings, saving me from giving a response.

Home.

I want to go home.

Alone.

I take my phone from my pocket. Javier's name is flashing across the screen. I quickly hit the answer button, bringing the phone up to my ear.

''Hey, how'd it go?'' I ask him.

''It went well. I had to practically drag him from the penthouse. He went into a fit the moment the word therapist left my mouth.'' Javier tells me.

A stressful sigh slides free from my lips.

''Okay...okay well how'd the session go?''

''After about an hour of him, Dr. Taylor, and I sitting in a room filled with stale silence he finally spoke. He...he talked a lot about you Damien. It was mostly all about you. About how he never went more than a couple of days without seeing you all bruised and beaten. And about how...well-well I think you should just talk to him about it.''