I Can't Wait

°Steven POV°

°Steven POV°

''We can't accept this case.'' I said. I threw the manila folder across the table to my partner, Andrew. He looked down at the folder then back up at me.

''Why?'' He asked. He sounded genuinely confused. I sighed, running a frustrated hand through my hair. This job is seriously stressing me out. I really can't even deal at times.

It's not that I'm not good at it. I'm extremely well at this job, I just never enjoy it.

''The potential profits from it is outstanding and there's no question that you'll win. So why not take it?'' He asked again, a bit more demanding. I looked up at him.

''You can take it. I'm not taking it. I'm not going to help a criminal walk, the amount of money doesn't phase me, guilty is guilty Andrew.'' I told him. He looked at me for a minute.

He knew that I was like this when he took this partnership on with me. I'm all for justice for all, but if someone did something horrible the only justice that they deserve is metal bars in their face. This is just my opinion, but I take my morals to heart.

''Fine, but you know what--''

''What Andrew?'' I asked him, cutting him off because honestly the topic of this conversation was giving me a splitting headache. More like a damn migraine to be honest. I said I'm not taking the fucking case, and that meant I wasn't going to take it.

I'm not going to get a rapist off. It's fucking dead. I won't do it. He did a horrible thing to an innocent person and he deserves to pay for it and the victim in this case deserves justice.

''Good guys in this career never get very far. And if we don't take this case, some other firm will. And if it's anyone of our competitors the guy is guaranteed to get off and you know it. It's not about you, Steven. What some other person did doesn’t make you a bad person. You're just doing your job.'' Andrew said. He slid the folder back over to me.

''Take a day, think about it.'' He said.

''It's not worth any thought. I've already said no, Andrew.'' I gave the folder back to him. He sighed, but gave up and left my office.

I rubbed my eyes.

I'm so god damn tired.

I looked at my wrist watch. It's thirty minutes past eleven. I started to put up all my paperwork.

I was in the parking garage when my phone rang. I unlocked my car door and climbed in before answering the phone. The contact name read Stark.

Wow, we only just met on Monday. It's only Thursday. Had he made a decision that fast? To be honest I didn't think he would choose any of the photos that I designed for his collection.

I was hoping he wouldn't.

I've played cool pretty well all week, but ever since I saw Damien's photo, he's been the only thing on my mind.