A Day - {Extended}

•Damien's POV•

•Damien's POV•

I put my seat belt on, waiting until he does the same before I start my car. I can feel the agitation and anger consuming me.

My hand grips the steering wheel tightly, taking the car out of park before pulling out of the parking lot. I start to drive in the direction of a small tucked away restaurant downtown.

''You should let me drive, you're speeding,'' Steven offers. I decide not to respond, continuing the ride in silence.

Me ignoring him is ironic considering that just yesterday I would've given anything to have him speak to me. But I'd rather ignore him than let my anger speak for me and lash out at him, saying hurtful words that I won't really mean.

I guess I can control myself in that department, unlike some people.

''This really isn't mature Damien. You're acting like I'm d—'' Steven's voice is cut short by the sound of his phone ringing.

I glance at him, seeing him reach into his pocket and pull out his phone. He answers it and I focus back on the road.

''Hello?'' He speaks into the phone, his tone full of confusion. ''No, I'm fine really, thanks,'' He says.

''Sure,'' Steven agrees before thrusting his phone in my direction.

''What?'' I ask confused. I look at his phone, shooting him a small glare before giving my full attention to the road. ''I'm driving,'' I complain.

My body tenses as his fingers so gently brush against my face. He holds the phone to my ear.

''So, you don't know how to answer your phone now?'' Javier's angry voice booms out of the phone. A sigh leaves my lips.

''Javier I'm sorry, I was distracted,'' I explain.

''Obviously. I'm only a few months away from turning thirty but you're doing a hell of a good job of giving me a heart attack before I even make it there. You can't not answer my calls when something like this happens Damien! I'm the owner of the gym and even if I wasn't my phone would still be blowing up with phone calls from people telling me that an incident happened involving my son—''

''I know, I know, I'm sorry,'' I apologize.

''The fact that I had to call Steven's phone to be able to speak to you really pisses me off. I was worried about you mijo. Do you understand that?'' Javier demands rather than asks. I simply sigh again. He has every right to be pissed at me.

He was worried, and I get that. I should've known Javier probably knew about what happened before the gym medic did.

''Javier, I know okay. I fucked up, I've been letting you down a lot lately and I'm sorry. I'm going to get my shit together, I promise.''

''Mijo this isn't about you letting me down. I'm worried about you Damien. I'm worried about how this little pursuit of yours is going to affect your mentality in the long run.'' Javier stresses.