Aid Amid Amends

•Damien's POV•

•Damien's POV

''Wake up, sleeping beauty,'' A voice murmurs in my ears.

I turn on my side in an attempt to evade whoever the hell is trying to wake me up. Unfortunately, it works little to my advantage as I feel their tiny fingers poking into my back.

I roll over, an active frown on my face as I aim to glare at the person disturbing my rest before I'm greeted with Ariadne's smiling face.

''It's too early,'' I groan before rolling back over. 

''Damien five in the afternoon is too early for you,'' She teases, laughing.

''Do we have something to do today? Javier didn't tell me anything about it.'' I tell her. I bring my blanket up to cover my face, attempting to trap in as much warmth as I can.

''He wanted me to tell you that he has to be in Japan tomorrow for a business deal and he's leaving this afternoon.'' She says. 

''And he couldn't text me this because?'' I ask.

''He's also rescheduling whatever dinner you guys had planned to a breakfast for 10:00am. And that's in an hour, so you should probably get up.'' She informs me.

An annoyed sigh leaves my lips.

I'm not so much annoyed at her just at the simple fact that I have to get up so early now. I roll back over to face her.

''There are paparazzi outside my house aren't there?'' I ask, already knowing the answer.

Ariadne gives me an apologetic smile, sitting up on my bed.

''I know you hate just being thrown into it without at least a days' notice—''

''No, I hate having my brother thrown into it without his consent. He has to walk out that door too and I don't need all of them in his face with their cameras. We had an arrangement, and I thought I stressed this the most if not anything else.''

''I know, look Damien I know but Fred—'' 

''I fucking hate Fred to be honest with you, Ariadne. You should fire him already.'' I confess to her.

Fred is her manager. And she needs a new one in my opinion. The man is an absolute asshole. Don't get me wrong he's good at his job obviously, but he's unnecessarily a dick in the process. 

In fact the only reason Javier even agreed to consider this arrangement is because Ariadne begged him too. I got the final say of course and she actually is a talented young woman and despite her manager she's a sweetheart, so I really don't mind this relationship charade we put on for the public.

She wants to advance in her career and it doesn't bother me to share with her some of the public attention that I don't even want.

It's a complete mystery to me as of why she doesn't just sign with Javier already.