Moving On & Moving Out

[one month after ''Stop Leaving Me'' takes place]

*Steven's POV*

''What is that?'' Mariana graces into the kitchen, her voice soaked heavily in curiosity.

I crumble up the piece of paper in my hand, tucking it away in my pocket.

''Nothing,'' I answer, clearing my throat as I get up from the table. ''Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

''Well firstly, no thank you I'm not really hungry, and secondly; you've been staring at it and putting it away every time I enter the room for the past month now. And I was going to mind my business but honestly now I'm worried. So, either you're lying, or you're lying.'' She retorts, walking over to the fridge and pulling out a bottle of sweet tea.

I walk over to the fridge, pulling out the cartoon of eggs and some shredded cheese. I grab a bowl out of the cabinet and began to crack open the eggs.

''About what?'' I ask her, in a voice that's as nonchalant as I can muster.

''This,'' She replies, I don't even sense her presence behind me as her hand seeps into my pocket, pulling the piece of paper out before I can grab her hand to stop her.

I turn around quickly, reaching for the paper as she attempts to un-crumble it.

''C'mon, this is really childish Mariana,'' I sigh out, frustration emitting from me as she takes a step back out of my reach.

''What? It's nothing right?'' She teases, a smile hanging from her lips. I roll my eyes, reaching forward again to grab the paper from her, but she snatches her hands away quickly, her eyes beginning to analyze the words.

''And you wonder why I spend a majority of my time at Harrisons house lately, thanks for respecting my privacy,'' I groan out. I watch her as she reads the note that Damien left for me a month ago. I see the pain as it seeps into her eyes even though she attempts to conceal it.

And a part of me can't help but feel like she did this to herself. Respect seems like a constant thing that she failed to have for me in our engagement and now in our co-parenting relationship, and even in our living situation.

"I'm still in love with you, but you knew that already. And I was even willing to put my feelings for you and my burning desire to get you back by any means necessary to the side just to help you out with the shit that you were going through. But again, you knew that already. But now I have to put the shit that I'm going through first, Steven. My brother needs me right now and I can't give him 20% while I give you 80%.

I need to be there for him 100%. So, I can't chase you around New York anymore. If you want something with me, something real and a million times stronger than what we had when we were teenagers then I need you to act like it. And I don't expect this from you, so don't feel pressured. I expect you to stay there and most likely forgive your ex-fiancé and for you two to build a beautiful family while you continue to fake your happiness.