No Puppy

•Damien POV•

•Damien POV•

''No.'' I said. The dead-ass serious tone hung in my voice. Any normal person would sense that to be the end of the conversation. But with Cody, if it didn't end in his favor, there was no end to the conversation.

''But Damien, please. C'mon. You're acting like I'm irresponsible, I'm nearly eighteen.'' He begged. I rolled my eyes, then proceeded to ignore him.

He crossed the line when he came and stood in front the TV. The football game was on, and ice cold beer was in my hand. He crossed the fucking line.

''Oh Dios mio, hijo! Get the fuck out the way it's the third quarter!'' Javier yelled before I could, quickly standing up so he could see the flat screen TV that was pinned to the wall.

''Javier help me out. Tell him he's being unfair.'' Cody pleaded. I growled, leaning to the side so I could see the TV past Cody's big ass head. God, the kid was tall.

''Yeah, yeah Damien give your brother a puppy. You're being unfair and--Yes!! Hell yeah! Black and Gold baby, c'mon!'' Javier yelled at the scream.

''Woo!'' I screamed, holding my beer up in the air. Our team just made a touchdown. We're in the lead, just one more quarter to go.

''Damien,'' Cody groaned. ''You act like I'm going to kill the thing. I just want a puppy. I'll take care of it I swear.''

The football players ran off the field. Apparently the band was doing something that I didn't care to watch. I turned my attention to Cody.

''No,'' I repeated for about the millionth time. ''No puppy. It's my final decision, and just so we're clear let me explain why. If I were to buy you a puppy you would take care of it, I'll give you that, but you'd only do it for like a month tops. And as soon as you see something else you want your interest is going to move on, except this isn't a game system or a car Cody it's a living thing and a serious commitment. If I didn't travel so much and could stay here to watch the little thing when you start to ignore it then maybe I'd consider it. But for now it's no.'' I explained.

He folded his arms across his chest. He was getting frustrated. Honestly, he can get as frustrated as he wants. I said no and I mean it.

''It's still not fair.'' He mumbled.

''And you're still seventeen. My house, my rules bro.'' I said. I stood up, patting his shoulder as I walked past him and into the kitchen. Javier was digging into the refrigerator. He came out with two beers and tossed me one.

''I swear to god if you buy him a puppy behind my back I'm going to kill you Javie.'' I warned.

I really love Javier and how he is a father figure to Cody and I, but sometimes it's annoying when I as the big brother say no, but then Javie as the father says yes.

''Just buy the kid a puppy Damien. I'll make him keep it at my house.'' He said. I shook my head.

''You travel just as much as I do, even more sometimes.'' I reminded him. He literally just got back from New York yesterday. I'm in California for weeks at a time whereas Javier is here every few days or so. He's a very busy man.