Fun

•Steven's POV•

''Why are you still here?'' I ask Harrison as I enter the kitchen area of my hotel room.

I walk over to him, taking the bottle of whiskey from his hand before he can pour it into the awaiting cup.

He snatches it back, but seeing the warning look on my face he decides to twist the top onto it instead of attempting to fill the cup again.

''Are you good?'' I ask him seriously.

I'm not going to act like Damien pointing out how much Harrison has been drinking lately hasn't made me feel like a shitty friend for not noticing in the first place.

But the thing is that's just who Harrison is.

He drinks a lot, he parties too much and he spends way too much money at strip clubs.

He doesn't have a problem, he just has a lot of money and nothing else to do with it.

Nevertheless though, I still didn't even know that he sometimes ran off to Vegas to get blackout drunk.

I didn't know he took vacations to sin city to aid a crippling fucking depression he had.

But of course, I knew he had that depression.

He gets down sometimes. He hates being alone. He hates that he hates being alone. And he hates talking about or dealing with the fact that he hates to be alone.

And that's exactly why he has a different pair of tits in his bed every night.

But we've talked about all that. These are issues I know about and issues that I can't fix for him.

He's my best friend and I'd do anything for him but even he knows that he has to figure it out for himself.

I can't stop him from drowning in his past trauma, not if he doesn't want to help himself, all I can do is make sure that the water is shallow and that he can breathe whenever he decides to come up for air. And I always make him come up for air.

''Yeah, yeah,'' He hops onto the counter and nods to me, ''Are you? Cause you tongued Damien down the other day yet you haven't said a word about him since then,'' He questions.

I shake my head, shoving down the blush that was about to come as the memory of my lips against his again came to mind.

''First of all there wasn't that much tongue involved. Secondly, that's not what we're talking about. How are your parents doing?'' I ask him.

That's literally the only thing that can ever bother him to such a serious degree. I would have never figured that parents who were barely even around to raise their child could do so much damage, but apparently they can.