Speak Now

Damien's POV•

I put my car in park, resting my head against the window, allowing a sigh to leave my lips.

It's cold, per usual.

I hate the airport.

I travel so much that I don't go as long as a week without being in one. It's tiring, being in the same place so much.

My phone vibrates against my leg. I take it out of my pocket, noticing that it's only six in the morning. I fucking hate waking up this early.

A message from Cody appears on the screen.

-Where are you parked? I'm walking out now. - Cody

-I'm right on the curb by the middle exit. You better have a fucking jacket on. - Damien

-Of course not, I just came to New York to catch pneumonia. – Cody

I roll my eyes at his sarcastic ass remark, putting my phone back in my pocket. I zip my jacket up, climbing out of the car.

I walk around to the front of the car. My eyes pierce the large crowd of people that began to emerge from the airport.

About eight minutes went by and I glance at my phone again to make sure I don't have any missed notifications.

Considering he told me he was walking out I haven't seen him yet.

I click my phone back to life, preparing to dial his number.

''Chill the fuck out!'' I hear my brothers voice scream.

Panic fills my body immediately. I turn my head in the direction his voice came from, my feet moving quickly as I break through the crowd.

''Give me your phone! I'm not playing with you.'' I hear another voice yell.

A familiar voice.

''Cody!?'' I call out. I push people out of my way, earning glares that I couldn't care less about.

I finally make it to the small clearing in the crowd to see Cody and...Skyler? They are pushing each other, and Cody has his hand above his head holding his phone away from Skyler.

Which is actually kind of funny considering they're about the same height.

I step in between them, reaching over Cody to take the phone from his hand.

''What's going on?'' I ask, looking at Cody.

He shrugs. I turn to look at Skyler, who's looking at Cody like he's just about ready to kill him.

Oh, I know the feeling.

''Your brother is giving out his number to grown ass...-'' Skyler starts but then his voice fades off when Cody attempts to throw a punch.