9. Second Guessing

Chapter 9:

I stomped up the stairs to finish painting. It was soothing really just painting in silence completely alone. So many emotions overwhelmed me. I was angry because my life just wasn't simple. I know no one's life is necessarily simple but I couldn't catch a break. I was sad because I wanted to be strong. I wanted to have friends I could party with and live with. I wanted to have a job I was successful at. But I'm just stuck right now. I feel stupid for just living with a pop star and escaping my life. Not that it was much of a life. I just don't know what I'm doing. What if Harry kicks me out? I don't think he would but what if he hates me? And he's only letting me live here because he pities me?

Since I have Nick's credit card I should just move out and get my own apartment, but then he could track me down. Okay I just need to calm down. Everything is going to be fine, but what if it's not. I pushed every anxiety to the back of my mind and finished painting.

Once the room was completely done I waited an hour before putting on a second coat then I cleaned up all the rollers and cans. Harry didn't tell me when he would be home so I decided to take a bubble bath.

After what felt like hours, he still wasn't home and it was dark outside. I was getting worried and I debated texting him, but he was probably just mad still. Stepping out of the bath, I slipped my robe on and checked my phone. I scrolled through friend requests from instagram and facebook but I didn't have any texts from Harry.

It was already 7. I sighed I guess we weren't getting a Christmas tree today. The paint was still drying on the walls but I removed all the plastic off the furniture. The house was quiet. Uncomfortably quiet. I turned on Grey's Anatomy to fill the silence while I made some dinner for myself since I guess Harry wouldn't be home soon.

After eating I pulled out my Macbook and searched for jobs that required a Masters in business. I wrote down a few addresses I'd have to check out when I got my car. More hours passed and I decided I would sleep on the couch in case Harry came home in the middle of the night. I turned off all the lights but left the tv on.

***

A loud bang woke me up from my deep sleep and I clutched the blanket fearing Nick had found me. I stayed on the couch poking my head up just enough to see the door. Two silhouettes formed shadows as they opened the door. My heart was pounding.

"Skyyyyy honey I'm home" Harry's obviously drunk voice yelled throughout the quiet house.

"Harry what the fuck" I turned on the lights wrapping the blanket around me. Another tall boy with light brown hair was supporting Harry.

"Who are you?" The other guy asked. Harry stumbled over to me pulling me into his arms. He had a black eye and a bloody lip. What the actual hell happened?

"Who are you?" I repeated, but with more sass.

"Louis Tomlinson, Harry's best friend. Your turn" He said twirling his keys in his hand.

"Louis stop being mean to her this is Skylar my new best friend" I couldn't move out of Harry's grasp and he breathed heavily while putting most of his weight on me.

"Um yeah it's a long story but I'm his new roommate I guess" I spoke awkwardly trying to stop Louis from glaring at me.

"Harry is this the girl you got in a fight over at the bar?" Harry giggled like a child. What fight? Did Nick find Harry?