11. Dinner Party

CHAPTER 11:

SKYLAR'S POV

Two days had passed and it was Friday. Time for Eleanor's dinner party tonight. Basically it was just a good night for everyone to hang out since now everyone's busy going their separate ways. I would get to meet Louis and Zayn's girlfriends, and then Niall and Liam. I already know Perrie Edwards thought because I love Little Mix's music.

But based on Louis and Zayn's reaction to meeting me, my stomach is tied in knots. I'm so nervous I don't know what to wear. I can't be under dressed but I can't be overdressed either. Harry and I haven't talked much since our second fight.

I knocked softly on his door then opened it to find him laying on his bed doing something on his computer.

"Hey" I said. He set it to the side when he saw me.

"What's up" His expression was hopeful like maybe we could have a normal friendship instead of this back and forth flirting arguing thing. Or maybe I was just over analyzing it.

"So what should I wear tonight? I don't want to embarrass you or anything"

"Sky stop worrying about what other people think of you! You're gorgeous and kind of nice so you should be fine" He joked walking into my room with me following.

"I can't help it!" We both faced my closet and I watched Harry skim through my clothes.

"Here. Wear this you'll look great" He handed me white jeans, a purple longsleeve shirt, and a grey coat. Before he could walk out the door I decided to address the obvious.

"So can we stop having this weirdness between us? I know I've been a bitch lately and I know I worry too much about your friends but you're my only friend and I don't want you to be mad at me" He looked at me over his shoulder and smiled.

"I'm not mad but that sounds good" I nodded and headed towards the bathroom. After showering and drying my hair, I curled it making light waves.

Sitting at my vanity, I started on my makeup. The bruise on my cheek was completely gone thankfully. My makeup took me about an hour because it had to be just perfect. Finally I put one last stroke of red lipstick and I was done.

"Skylar we have to leave in 10 minutes!" Harry yelled from downstairs.

"Okay!" I changed into the clothes Harry picked out and slid a grey beanie on to match my coat. I put brown boots on and grabbed my purse before meeting Harry downstairs. "I'm ready"

"Not to be biased but you'll definitely be the prettiest one there" The way he looked at me caused my cheeks to heat up.

"I'd say the same but I don't know you have some pretty cute friends" I said playfully.

"You know you love me" Harry nudged me with his elbow as we walked out to the car. Snowflakes fell from the sky and I shoved my hands into my coat.

"Yeah sure maybe" Harry walked around my side of the car opening the door for me. "Hm such a gentleman all of a sudden?"

"Don't get too excited" The car ride felt like 4 seconds and I couldn't stop nervously tapping my foot. What do I say? How do I talk to people? They're totally going to hate me.

"Ready?" Harry said as we parked behind a few cars leading out of the driveway.

"Definitely not" I stepped out of the car admiring Louis and Eleanor's house. It was nice but I liked Harry's better. Suddenly Harry grabbed my hand interlocking our fingers. It shocked me but I didn't mind. We walked inside and looked like the last ones to arrive.