31. Kisses

CHAPTER 31:

Paparazzi followed us in the airport, but thankfully couldn't get past security. A few fans stopped us to say hey to Harry and take pictures, but we had to rush through a lot of people to make our flight. It would take us about 8 and a half hours to get to New York, but thankfully due to time change, we would land at 4:15pm and have plenty of time to relax before the ball drop. Harry's hand rested on my thigh while he sent out his last minute text messages before the plane took off. I pulled out my laptop, finalizing my class schedule at the University that would be starting up Monday January 11th, 2016. I realized I hadn't told Harry much about the job or school. I think I mentioned it, but we never went into detail.

"What is that?" Harry fixed his eyes on the screen that said University of London-Oxford Autumn, Skylar M. Enrolled in Management Studies, Financial Law, Global Business, Strategy and Innovation, Organizational Leadership.

"Tarte said they'd pay me a lot more money if I was a full time student for one semester and got the important business courses" He raised his eyebrow at me, shocked I would be a college student again.

"Wow, my girl is so ambitious" He winked.

"How am I gonna get any studying done with you as my roommate?" I shook my head laughing. The flight attendant motioned for me to close my laptop and put it away.

"I don't think you will, especially not if you plan on wearing a uniform" Harry loudly laughed. 

"You're too much" I rolled my eyes giggling. Closing my laptop, I reclined my chair and anticipated on taking a nap. Once the plane was in the air, drinks and snacks were offered and Harry snuck into my seat under the blanket with me, since first class chairs are basically miniature sofas. 

The whole flight was spent getting drunk on champagne and talking about the silliest things. It was the most we had ever laughed together and it was such a relief to get off the serious brooding train the both of us had been stuck on. The first class flight gave us plenty of room to cuddle and lay in one seat together as we continued spilling our cheesiest jokes. I couldn't tell if it was a bad thing though, part of me wanted to announce that we are clearing the air, but that would have been unnecessary and would have put a damper on both of our moods. Harry was such a warm and fuzzy person and I was shocked I was just realizing it and taking it in 100% for the first time. He has always been a light in my life, but I was starting to see his true bright personality, and it brought out mine. 

Drama aside, when I'm with him I felt like I could play around and be the goofy version of myself, while adding a few flirty kisses here and there. I never wanted to fight with him again. I never wanted to bring out his dark angry side again. And I never wanted him to see me like he has in the past: the desperate, weak, fake person I have been. The plane was still in the air and he and I started to fall off our drunken haze. My head was on his chest while his hand wrapped around my very small one. I wasn't sure if he had fallen asleep, but I felt awake and consumed by the moment. The past few days of fighting seemed to fade away like a bad dream in the first few minutes of waking up in the morning. 

Eventually the plane had landed and we grabbed our bags making our way through the gate. I was slightly nervous about being back home. Would it feel different? What memories would it bring back? Would I break down or feel overjoyed? How would Harry deal with my reaction?

"Put your sunglasses on babe" Harry told me as he covered his eyes. I latched on to him intertwining one of my hands with his while the other pulled my suitcase.

"What, why?" Before he answered we were bombarded with flashing of cameras and people yelling our names. I was blinded and quickly put my glasses on. I wasn't completely sober so I felt like I was floating next to Harry waiting for it to be over. I'm sure they got 90% terrible pictures of me.