"Chapter 3" ✔

Lea, Breinard and Joseph ^^^ 😍

Ashley's POV

The week went by in a blur and today is finally Friday, four days after that creepy incident with the unknown number. And since then, nothing has ever bothered me again, which is a good thing. I wouldn't want any creepy person randomly sending me text saying I'm their destiny. That would be plain traumatic and terrifying.

But anyways, today is another day at school, normal, uneventful day as usual. Also, these past few days, I noticed Jeremy being... you know, Jeremy. Like expected, he never approached me again after that little interaction I had with him on Monday. So by the looks of it, I'm guessing that's the first time and also the last time I'm able to talk to him, in which I was honestly sad. I mean, It was definitely a dream come true that he finally noticed me. But then again, I bet I was the only one feeling excited that time. I knew Besty was happy for me, but what about Jeremy? Was he happy to talk to me or was everything that happened considered just a casual interaction for him? Was I being a fool about all this? Is this even worth all my time though?

Maybe it's time that I look after myself more than I should towards others. I've been obsessing towards someone who barely even know my existence, and yet, for these past years I've focused my time on him, I wasn't even bothered by it. I was stupidly glued to him even though I knew it was unhealthy.

So maybe it's time I focus on myself more than anyone else. Maybe it's time I have to convince myself to build a bridge and get over him.

It was just a stupid crush anyway, and I bet he's not even that worth it.

That was a lie. Jeremy isn't just a crush. This may sound stupid and utterly naive but I did fall for him. I don't know how, but I did. There's just something about Jeremy that draws me towards him. Even though I keep reminding myself it's not worth it, I still turn to him no matter what. And I guess now that I finally realize it, that was my biggest mistake.

For the past years I've been in this school, I've spent most of my time, especially during lunch on basically staring at him from afar. I never had the courage to approach him and tell him what I feel because he's one of the popular guys while I'm a nobody. Besides, even though without him saying it out loud, I knew he's not really fond of homosexuals. He tolerates them because he knows it's the right thing to do but he's never associated himself with one. Well I guess he did now since he talked to me. But yeah, there are some major things that stopped me from telling him what I feel. One of it is him being straight.

As I look back to the past when I was still constantly obsessing over him, now I wanna slap myself so hard with a pan.

I blame the hormones.

Right now, the current subject is English and I'm casually going in and out of my reverie. Most of the time, Besty would nudge me on my shoulder to snap me out of my thoughts so I won't get in trouble for not listening. But can you blame me? I was having a mini battle with myself about my long time crush on our soccer team's star player. For the most part of my high school life, he was my ultimate crush, and always will be. But I guess for the better, I should focus more on myself than on someone else that doesn't even give a damn about me.

But like I said, it's going to be a hard process. Jeremy isn't just my crush since I was in freshmen to my senior year, I can say he's the first love I never had.

So with that said, it's gonna take time till I fully moved on. But I'll get there eventually.

"Are you in dreamland again?" Besty chirped in, snapping me out of my thoughts.