"Chapter 26" ✔

Old but Gold. Music I listened to while writing: I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston

I also wanted to dedicate this chapter to SharonRea3 for the votes. Thank you so much, Love. I really appreciate your support.

Arthur's POV

Right after Kellan allowed Connor to go take a look at Ash, I got upset. But I guess he was just being fair, so even with a heavy heart, I accepted it.

But when Connor walked out of Ash's room, I didn't waste a second and accompanied Ash inside. But not before I asked Kellan to have someone prepare Ash some meal, so when he wakes up, I'll get to feed him.

I stayed inside Ash's room for a couple of minutes, just sat there a few distance away from his bed and watched him sleep peacefully.

I was momentarily snapped out of my thoughts when someone knocked on the bedroom door.

"Come in." I called

And in came Kellan with his wife Cheska, trailing behind him.

"How is he?" Kellan asked as he looked at Ash who's sleeping peacefully on the bed.

"He's still asleep." I stated.

He nodded his head before turning his gaze to me.

"That's good. He need to have his much needed rest before we tell him everything he wants to know." He said.

I nodded with a sigh.

"I just hope he's prepared enough to hear it all." I replied, still not taking my eyes away from my beautiful mate. "He's been through so much stress already Kellan, I don't think I would be able to take it if I see him being bombarded with even more stress than he already have."

"I know that Arthur, but we have no choice. He has to know whether we like it or not. He deserves to know everything. If you want to save him from anymore stress he's going to be dealing if we continue to leave him in darkness, then you know it's the only way." He reasoned out and I understood him completely. I'm just not ready to see my little angel go through so much stress. He can only take too much.

"Anyways, the meeting will start in half an hour." He spoke. "But I would also like to have a word with you outside, if it's okay."

I nodded.

"Okay." I said with a sigh as I turned to look at my sleeping mate.

"I'll keep Ash company until he wakes up." Cheska said as she walked towards the chair next to Ash's bed.

I gave a curt nod and a small smile. "Thank you."

After successfully leaving his bedroom, Kellan and I walked into the hallway.

"You do realize you won't be able to see him for a while, right? Not until the elders give their decision." Kellan asked after we both stepped out of the door and I once again nodded my head.

"I know." I said with a sigh. "It's only fair for Connor so I'll do it."

Kellan looked at me. "Are you finally softening towards Connor?" He asked.

I scoffed. "F*ck no. I just want a fair process for the both of us, that's all."

He hummed his reply as we continued our way towards the meeting place.

"What is it about that you want to talk to me?" I asked.

"About Ash." He stated not looking my way.