"Chapter 45" ✔

Our Beautiful Momma on the left. Kate Beckinsale as Kathryn Black, Matthias's Wife. (I know, I know. I'm bad with names. Sue me.) While on the right is the hottie Ed Skrein as Trevor Winstons.

This chapter is dedicated to Gloomysilentreader for the your continuous support. You don't know how much your votes on my book means to me. Thank you again. Much love.

Ashley's POV (He's done napping y'all. Jk Jk. I love you Ashy boo.)

I was jolted back to consciousness after hearing loud animalistic growls around me. Connor was carrying me bridal style when I passed out with my head laying on his hard yet soft muscular chest. He indeed resembles a giant, cuddly teddy bear.

After I cleared my self from sleep, I noticed what was happening, and instantly, a frown appeared on my face.

"What's going on?" I asked softly to Connor who looked down at me momentarily before sending his gaze back in front of us.

"Nothing, Ash. It's nothing." He said with an unsure tone lacing his voice, making my already frowning expression to deepen.

I turned to look at what was happening, feeling utterly lost. Some men were just standing there, carefully eyeing those that were covering me for protection.

"Sasha, don't do this." A large looking man said to a smaller, younger guy. His back was turned to me so I couldn't really see his face, but for some reason, I somehow find his back quite familiar which was weird.

"It's too good of an offer to pass, Matthias. I think you should reconsider it." The guy, who I assumed was Sasha, spoke to the towering guy with the name of Matthias.

Weirdly enough, I kind of find the name familiar too, causing me to rack my brain of where I could have heard it.

"And what? Give him my own son? I'm not stupid, Sasha." The man named Matthias said with a stern yet angry tone to his voice.

"Fighting against him isn't worth it. We're simply out powered by him. Can't you see what he's capable of?" Sasha said as he tried to convince the man that  still had their back to me.

"I thought we got over this subject before we came to give aid? Why are bringing this up?" Matthias said through gritted teeth, obviously barely restraining himself from losing his temper at the younger lad.

"It's because I thought we had a chance. But after seeing him in person and witnessing with my very own eyes what he's capable of doing, my judgments changed. And you should reevaluate yours as well. It's not worth it, Matthias. Losing your pack from a fight you know you're going to end up losing is never worth it." Sasha argued.

Matthias growled, slowly losing his cool.

"I knew I should have just left you at the pack. You're still too young with a mind that can easily be corrupted. And by how you're talking to me about this sh!t, I don't have to think twice that Azrael succeeded at doing so." Matthias said lowly.

I turned to Connor once more.

"What's going on, Connor? I have a feeling it's not good." I whispered to him with my arms now wrapped around his neck.

He turned his gaze to me, making his face only a few inches apart from my own.

He debated whether he should tell me or not. But I gave him a look saying I have the right to know since clearly, these two guys were obviously talking about me.

He sighed as he tightened his grip on me a tad bit.

"Azrael showed up after we managed to get out. Now he's got into some of these guy's heads after he offered them something sinister if they managed to hand you back to him." He admitted, causing my eyes to widen in disbelief.