"Chapter 37" ✔️

Arthur on the side looking like a freaking snacc!

Winter's POV

I'm still not certain of what it is or what it may be, but what I'm sure of is that there's something wrong with Ash. These past few hours he's been acting weird. Like how his mood changes at lightning speed and how he's been telling me that he's constantly hungry. And what I also noticed is that his scent kind of changed. Not drastically, but I can determine something faint that mixed with his. Also, not too long ago he threw up for some unknown reason.

I don't know what's going on, that's why I'm beginning to worry. In just a few hours we'll finally put our escape plan into action. But with Ash acting like this, I'm a bit wary of what might happen.

Taking me out of my thoughts, I heard Ash groan on his bed.

Turning to see what's going on, I saw he's sat up with his back resting on the headboard.

"What's the matter?" I asked after noticing small droplets of sweat starting to form on his forehead.

He then covered his mouth as he tried to prevent himself from heaving.

I frowned. "Do you feel like throwing up again?" I asked.

He nodded his head with his hand still covering his mouth. With that, I quickly told him to go to the bathroom just in case he did throw up. Without even wasting a second, he immediately complied and ran to the toilet bowl, out from my range of sight.

I got out of bed to follow him to the bathroom. There I saw him kneeling in front of the toilet bowl, throwing up whatever he has in his stomach. I walked towards him and started rubbing his back soothingly in hopes of it helping at the very least.

"Are you okay?" I asked. And after I said those words, all I could hear and see was him heaving his freaking guts out.

"Ash?" I called out his name worriedly.

He was panting before he flushed the toilet and wiping his mouth with a tissue paper and then threw it in the trash.

"Just... Just give me a minute." Was all he said before started heaving again.

After a few minutes, he finally calmed down. He flushed the toilet once more and then went to the sink to wash his mouth.

"What's going on, Ash?" I questioned after he stepped out of the small bathroom with me following behind.

He turned to meet my gaze.

He shook his head. "I don't know." Was what he said before he sat on the edge of the bed.

I sat next to him and started rubbing circles on his back. He was silent for a moment, probably racking his mind up of what may be the cause of why he's being like this.

He sighed. "I don't think it's something about what I ate. As far as I know, I'm not allergic to those kinds of stuff." He spoke thoughtfully as he started rubbing his stomach, which instantly grumbled. "And now I'm hungry." He muttered tiredly.

I frowned to myself as I thought of what's going on with him.

"And I also doubt it's food poisoning since we ate the same meal," I stated, making him nod his head.

"That's what I was thinking." He mumbled with a sigh.

I sat there silently as I tried to think of possible reasons why he's like this.

And right then and there, a thought popped into my mind.

I glanced into his neck to see if he was marked but didn't see any. But there's still a high possibility he'll get pregnant even without his mate marking him.