"Chapter 27" ✔

Ash's adorableness

Ashley's POV

I was so engrossed to what I was watching on my laptop that I didn't even notice Arthur entering my room.

"Let me guess, you're watching 'We Bare Bears' again, are you?" He asked after kneeling in front of me seating on the couch.

I momentarily took my gaze away from the screen to meet Arthur's eyes. I nodded my answer to his question with a smile, on which he chuckled.

"I see that you like that show so much." He said.

I chuckled.

"Don't judge. They're just super cute, I couldn't help but keep watching them." I said.

He chuckled as well.

"Alright, I'm not gonna say anything." He said as he put both his hands up in surrender. "Anyways, Kellan told me he's gonna have a little gathering outside and he's asking us to be there." He said in which I looked up at him in curiosity.

"What's the gathering for? Didn't he already had one yesterday?" I asked as I closed the laptop and placed it on the coffee table.

He casually shrugged his shoulder.

"No idea. All he told me is that it's important."

I pursed my lips in thought.

What could it be about?

"Come on babe." Arthur called as he offered me his hand.

After he hoisted me up on my feet, I went to take a quick glance at my reflection on the mirror before we finally headed out.

Once we were out in the yard, most of the people living in the house; or should I say, pack house, was there. They were chattering with one another as they waited for the gathering to start. Arthur maneuvered through the people to get to the front where Kellan reserved a seat for the both of us.

"There you guys are." Cheska exclaimed as she walked towards us.

She then gave me a smile before engulfing me into a hug.

"How are you doing, sweety?" She asked with her motherly tone.

I smiled back at her. "I'm doing okay, I guess. Still trying to adjust into all of this." I admitted.

She nodded her head as she led me to the chairs Arthur and I are suppose to me seating.

"It's okay, you'll get there at some point. Just don't rush and take it in on your own pace. Your mate will be there by your side all the time." She said.

I glanced at Arthur who was currently talking to his fellow Alpha, Kellan.

"Yeah." I sighed. "It's just that, it's hard for me to sink it all in, specially when just a couple of days ago, I was still with Connor. And now, everything's changed." I stated before I furrowed my brows once realizing something. "By the way, is Connor joining us tonight?

Cheska looked towards the crowd of people, before she turned her gaze to me.

"Yeah. He'll be here." She answered.

"Also, what's the gathering for?" I questioned once again.

Before Cheska could answer, Kellan called her over, saying the gathering is going to start.

"You'll see." Was all she said before she walked towards her husband.

And with that, Arthur called me over as well.