"Chapter 5" ✔

Ashley Rose ^^^

Another chapter. Yay! Hahaha I hope you guys like it. Enjoy!

Ashley's POV

After Besty left, I turned to Jacob's slouching body and pondered whether being left alone with him was a good idea or not. But then again, if Besty stayed and tried to talk to Jacob, I know she will not last a second before she break his neck right before my very eyes. Though I'm not so sure if she's even able to do that, but seeing as her current state was telling me millions of reasons to send her to have a little walk, I guess choosing the idea of talking alone with Jacob is the best way to go.

I sighed, not really in the condition to talk to someone, especially if this specific someone is my current stalker. Also, I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that my stalker is none other than Jacob, Jeremy's close friend and team mate in soccer.

Sighing once again, I walked towards the opposite bench and sat in order for me to face him.

As I trained my eyes on him, I noticed his features looked some kind of defeated and utterly sad, as well as the look of pure guilt. Though it's understandable why he's feeling that way because of what he has done. But even with that said, I still feel sorry for him. For some odd reasons.

"Aren't you suppose to explain something to me?" I started which made him snap out of his thoughts and blink rapidly before his eyes finally landed on mine.

"Uh." He breathed out as he obviously tries to compose his thoughts.

I waited there on my seat for him to finally get a hold of himself for a few seconds. But when he didn't do or say anything, I decided to speak up.

"Okay look. If you're just gonna sit there and act like I'm not even here then might as well just leave." I told him as I made a move of getting out of my seat and leave. But before I can take one step away from the bench I was sitting, he finally spoke.

"Wait." He said. Halting me on the spot. "I was just at loss for word, I'm sorry." He stated as he shook his head. "I didn't know what to say for you to believe me or for you to atleast forgive me."

I sat back down on my seat and placed both my hands on my lap.

"I just want to hear the reasons why you did what you did, Jacob. That's it. As for the forgiving part, it's totally up to me if I'll forgive you or not. But for now, I want to hear your reasons." I admitted calmly as I looked at him straight in the eyes.

He looked away from me and stared at the table.

He sighed. "Even I don't know the reasons why I did those things, Ash. But one thing I know that led me to do it was desperation." He paused as he took a glance at me as he make sure I was listening. "I was too desperate to talk to you that I thought what I did was the right thing to do. Even though clearly, it's pure stupidity and idiocy. I was too desperate to finally have your attention on me that I even introduced a whole new person to you. And that was the biggest mistake I've made."

I frowned not getting the point he's sending my way. "I-I... I still don't get it. Why were you desperate to talk to me?" I asked as I looked at him with my face contorted to confusion.

He looked down again, avoiding my gaze.

"I... uhm... I-I..." He said as he struggled for words once again.

"You what?" I urged which only caused for him to get fidgety on his seat.

He bit his lip before finally speaking.