"Chapter 40" ✔️

Another pic from our sizzling hot Alpha. I hope your eyes are now satisfied. Hehe

Also, this chapter is dedicated to ramofe1 for all the votes you gave. I appreciate your support in my book, love. I really do. So thank you for that. Just know that you're one of my little ray of sunshine despite having all these haters trying to rain down on me.

To all those who continued to give me their undying support, I really, really do appreciate it. You guys are the reason why I will keep writing and improving myself.

Thank you, so much.

Ashley's POV

My body is weak and tired. I'm seriously starving and I'm dirty. I don't know how long I'll be able to hold myself up.

Even with Azrael's order to stop the beatings, my situation was still far from being better. He never gave me even a crumb of food since then. He said he'll stop the beating in exchange for not giving me anything to eat. And for two days, they only give me a bottle of water to last me the whole day. It was pure torture. But I much rather have this than being beaten up and have my child harmed inside me. And even when I almost went to the point of collapse from hunger, I told myself to keep fighting for both me and my baby.

But I'm afraid that if this continues, my baby won't have all the nutrients they'll need to grow and develop from my lack of food. And by the time I give birth, the baby will come out malnourished, and I didn't want that. But at this moment, I couldn't do anything since I'm still being held captive. The only thing I can do is to stay alive and keep my unborn child safe, as well as keep the knowledge of me carrying a child a well-hidden secret.

And I'm certain that if they end up knowing I'm pregnant, I'll be in more danger than I already am.

"Quit daydreaming." A voice snapped me out of my worried thoughts, making me jump out of my skin.

Was I that deep in my thought that I didn't even notice him enter the room?

"You're coming with me." The voice said as the person walked closer to me, slowly showing me his face.

Once he was under the single bulb hanging at the center of the room that was giving us light, I was able to take a good look at him. He had a nice well-formed jawline covered in stubble. His eyes are, judging from the poor lighting of the room, was a hazel color. He doesn't look old but he doesn't look young either. I'm guessing he's in his thirties or something.

He went towards me and picked me up bridal style.

"Just stop fighting, kid. You're just gonna make everything worse for yourself. " He said as I tried to wiggle out of his hold but he was just too strong.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned him weakly as I continued to wiggle out from his tight grip, but still to no avail.

And since I'm already in my weak state, I didn't have enough energy to fight back to get him to let me go, I just gave up. Might as well conserve the strength left in me for some time that is more needed.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked again after he didn't answer me the first time.

He looked down at me with a hard expression on his face, clearly annoyed.

"Will you just shut up? I'm just doing what I'm being told to do." Was all he said before he turned his eyes in front of him and continued walking.

"Why are you doing this? Why are you following Azrael?"I questioned weakly as I rested my head on his chest that I found to be really warm. I was just really tired that I'm slowly falling out of consciousness.