"Chapter 41" ✔️

A picture of Ashley's wolf, Ariah. I hope you guys find him cute just like I did.

This chapter is dedicated to Gloomysilentreader and MystiCRoseofDeath for all the votes and comments you left. I had fun reading them. Thank you for the support, lovelies.

And belated Merry Christmas to all.

Arthur's POV

At exactly seven o'clock in the evening, we finally moved out towards our target. We crept into the woods professionally as to not give away our positions. Everyone was pumped up and was slowly driven by adrenaline. I, on the other hand, was nervous. Not because I'm not confident enough of our plan, but because I fear for my mate's well being. I know he's terrified, I can feel it as we got closer to the place Azrael held him captive. And I know he's even more scared because of the fact that he's carrying our pup. Our unborn little angel.

Just thinking that I'm going to be a father soon makes my happiness skyrockets to the moon, even with our current situation. I couldn't explain the exact feeling but I know it's something I'll never forget. But I also couldn't shrug the fact that they're in grave danger. And if I don't move fast and according to plan, I could end up losing both of them, and I can't let that happen.

I'd rather die than have my mate and my pup killed.

I shook the thought out of my head and forced myself to focus on the task.

"Connor, what's your position?" I asked through the mind link.

"We're almost there, Alpha. Just a couple meters more and we'll be by the river just as planned." He replied, making me mentally hum.

"Good. Be sure to stick to the plan, okay? And be careful."

He chuckled. "Are you finally softening up on me, Arthur?" He teased, going out of subject, causing me to roll my eyes.

I scoffed. "Not even close, a*shat. And don't get any ideas. I'm only keeping you under my pack because I know you're important to Ash."

"That still means you care." He responded back, making me try to suppress a groan.

"I could care less if you die, Connor," I told him flatly.

He laughed at that. "Don't worry, Buddy. I'll try not to die."

"There's not much space in the cemetery for you, that's why," I told him. "Now stay focused if you don't want to end up dead before even entering the mansion," I said using my Alpha voice.

"Yes, sir." He said playfully, causing me to growl at him.

I'll make a mental note to beat the sh*t out of that little f*cker once we're back at the pack.

After that, I turned to the men who joined me on this mission and thanked the Goddess for their help. I know I won't be able to accomplish anything without my pack alliances' helping hand.

"On my signal," I spoke just above a whisper.

They all nodded and prepared themselves.

I quickly shifted to my wolf and shook my fur, feeling the night's cool breeze. My ears perked up at the slightest noise, making me look up at the soft rustle of the leaves on the trees. I took a glimpse at the moon that was almost sitting high up in the night sky.

>We have to get this thing over with or else we'll lose our mate and our pup.< Zion stated as he also grew restless to get our hands on our beloved other half.