"Chapter 22 - Part Two" ✔️

Connor's pack house ^^^

So this is the part two, guys. Hope you like it and PLEASE read my author's note at the end of this chapter. Thank you.

Ashley's POV

As I finished deliberating with myself about coming out, I finally made a decision.

If I didn't come out now, then when? For the past years I kept telling myself to just wait a little longer. But if I continued convincing myself that I have all the time I could ever have, then I won't be able to build the courage that I needed.

It's now or never. If I don't do this now then I will surely regret it in the future. Sometimes you just have to take risk to finally have the taste of freedom. It might cause you pain but in the end, it will all be worth it.

We all know this saying: "No pain, no gain."

You won't gain freedom without facing pain.

So with that in mind, I walked out of my room and made my way down the stairs. With sweaty hands and nerves going all crazy and haywire, I walked into the living room with Papa sitting on his chair reading the newspaper.

When Papa noticed my presence, I gave him a smile; which I'm sure looked more like a grimace than an actual smile.

"Hey Papa, can I have a minute? I just have something to tell you." I asked while rubbing my hands on my jeans to rid the sweatiness.

Papa eyed me curiously. "What is it bud?" He questioned while motioning on the couch across from him.

"Well uhm.... It's just.... I uh...." I stuttered stupidly.

Papa chuckled. "What is it Ash. You know you can tell me anything right?" He asked giving me a comforting smile but at the moment it was no near comforting when you know you are about to come out to them as gay.

I took in a deep breath. "Uhm. I-I know know you have a different view of uhm..... Homosexuality Papa, but I just.... I just can't keep hiding myself from everyone anymore." I admitted making Papa to sit straighter on his seat.

"What do you mean?" Papa asked with furrowed brows.

I looked into Papa's eyes through my lashes and saw rage starting to build up in them. And in that very moment, I started to fear for my life.

I opened my mouth to give Papa a reply but I feel like my voice won't let me speak out not even one single word. I just sat there looking like a fish out of the water.

"What do you mean, Ash?" Papa asked with his voice oddly calm, but I know it's far from being calm at this very moment.

"I'm gay, Papa." I finally admitted with my voice so low that you would think he won't be able to hear it. But I doubt he didn't hear what I said.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, Papa let out a chuckle.

"You're kidding me right?" He questioned.

I looked down to my lap and shook my head.

"You can't be serious Ash." He said shaking his head in disbelief. "This is a joke right? You're just pranking me, are you?"He added. "Answer me." Papa said with his voice raised while I just sat there without uttering a word.

"This is unbelievable. My son isn't one of those sick disgusting f*ggots." He said more to himself.

"Papa, I might be gay but that doesn't mean I'm no longer your son. It's just my sexual orientation that have changed Papa. I'm still the same Ash that you know." I told him but then Papa turned his attention to me with his expression now filled with hate.