"Chapter 24" ✔️

Song I listened to while writing. "Photograph by Ed Sheeran"

Another chapter is up, hope you all enjoy. And hopefully it will be an interesting chapter also.

Enjoy my lovelies.

Ashley's POV

After Cheska took me out from her husband's office, she led me towards the yard of their large house.

I turned my gaze to the house and can't help but think about what's happening inside with Connor and Arthur.

Is there something wrong? Except for the fact that they hate each other, is there a reason why Arthur is here?

I bet they're arguing inside. Or maybe, they're fighting about something. I can't stop myself from thinking that it was me that caused all this unnecessary conflicts.

But I also can't help but be worried of what might be the outcome of their conversation.

Will things stay the same and will everyone go on with their own lives the way it was? Or are things going to change.

If there really are changes ahead, then hopefully it's for the best. Perhaps it will also benefit all of us.

"Hun, are you okay?" Cheska asked snapping me out of my worried thoughts.

I turned my head to her and gave her a reassuring smile, telling her that I'm perfectly fine. "Yup. I'm fine."

Okay, that was Part lie, part truth. But could you blame me? My boyfriend who is also my soon to be husband is in a room with three other guys (not saying that I was kind of jealous or what-so-ever). But come on, I'm a human being too, I have a very active and curious mind. Sometimes I can't stand being left out about some things. And now that all four of them are in the same room having a deep conversation about matters I have no idea about, it makes me want to know and be a part of their discussion.

But of course, obviously they won't let me. As per usual, they think that I can't take in too much information for such a short period.

I mean what the heck, I'm not a kid not to understand any of it. I'm a grown up now and it's not like I can't understand english, duh.

But hopefully though, after they are done with what ever discussion they were having in there, Connor would tell me a snippet of it so I won't at least be left in the dark.

And also, what the heck is Arthur doing in here? And why the heck did he just came in here telling me he had to take me home? Like what? I just got here two days ago and Connor still haven't given me a tour around town yet.

At this moment, everything is just a whirlwind of situations making me so freaking dizzy.

First, right after we got here, I thought I will have so much fun with exploring and going around places. But then a few days later, this happened?

Am I really a trouble magnet or fate just had the good time on making fun of me?

Neither of the two is acceptable for me.

But anyway, the past few days that I've been here wasn't bad at all. We arrived at noon-ish that time then we took some nap to recharge our energies and get ourselves ready to meet some new people later on. Then the second day, we went to Connor's parents' place so I could finally meet them. And let me tell you, I was a nervous wreck right when we stepped through the door. But then after I was finally able to meet them, I figured that it wasn't that bad. His parents are very nice and welcoming while his siblings were very energetic and full of fun. And after the little chat that I had with them, we all gathered for dinner. And let me tell you this again, it was an amazing dinner with such amazing food. Right then and there I learned to like his mom more and more because of her talent in cooking. Plus, she's really kind too.