"Chapter 10" ✔

Twin Lake in all it's glory ☝☝☝ 😍

I is back! Yay! Anyway, Not so long as the previous chapter but I hope you guys still enjoy it.

Special dedication to NocturnaLush because she's awesome and she is also my biological niece. Cheers!

Ashley's POV

Right after that fight between Jacob and Connor, I decided it's better to just leave to give myself some space. I wasn't able to handle the situation anymore considering the fact that the tension was high in the air. And besides, it's never in my line of comfort to witness two people going head on as they kept throwing punches after punches towards each other.

Thankfully, Besty came right in after I walked out. She consoled me into things and told me to just let off steam because I was too upset that time. She stayed by me as I ranted on how mad I was towards the two guys.

And as I kept letting my frustrations out, Besty was there to listen, and I was utterly grateful. She knew I needed someone to lean on during that time and I was glad she stepped in to comfort me.

She was there to give me advice on what to do and I accepted it whole heartedly. She was there as my best friend when I needed her.

But when I told her that I needed some time to think, she left and went back to my friends.

Sitting on the log, I watched as the small waves crash into the shore.

I was doing my best to forget what happened earlier and just try to relax. But it was to no avail. Even with how hard I tried to fight it off, my thoughts would betray me as it always go back to earlier's events.

I groaned loudly.

"All I wanted was a day of relaxation. Is that too much to ask?" I spoke to no one in particular.

I groaned once again as I tug on my hair in frustration.

The two of them does have a lot of explaining to do. I may be upset but I'm willing to address the issue before I finally decide to move on from it. As much as I don't want to talk about it, I had to. It has to be done and fixed. I have to act accordingly and maturely if I wanted to resolve this said issue. I know it's going to be awkward, it's guaranteed, but that doesn't mean I can just neglect it like it didn't happen. And besides, I'm the reason why the two guys went into a nasty brawl. One, because Jacob misunderstood Connor. And two, jealousy was at work during that time. Both of them were no longer able to control their emotions as anger took over.

I have to fix this myself as well. I have to explain to Jacob that Connor wasn't asking me out the way he thinks it is. I also had to clear things up between Jacob and I being boyfriends because we both know we weren't together. We went on a date, yes, but he didn't ask me to be his boyfriend. And even if he did, I'd tell him to give me time since it was too early to step into that kind of thing anyway. We did went on a date for the purpose of getting to know each other, but not even ones did I mention we're officially in a relationship.

We only went on a date once, ONCE, and he already thought we're boyfriends.

I wanted to tell Jacob that his thinking was way too advanced, but I thought it would be mean, so I'll just keep it to myself. And us being boyfriends isn't going to happen. At least not just yet.

But then again, right after that drama happened, the thought of having a boyfriend no longer interest me. In my mind, I think it's much better to just stay single. For now.

If the dating scene is really going to happen, it will happen in the right time. No one can stop it, not even myself.

But for now, like I have said, I guess it's best to stay single.