"Chapter 42" ✔️

The song I listened to while I was writing this chapter: "STAY by BLACKPINK"

Shoutout to all my fellow BLINKS. I hope we get another comeback soon. Hey YG, you better be listening. Hehe.

Also, Happy New Year y'all. Another decade hopefully full of happiness, love, positive changes, growing up, and opportunities for everybody.

Connor's POV

"Where the f*ck are we going, Winter?" I asked the guy agitatedly as we walked through halls after halls while taking down every hunter or rogue that comes our way.

He turned to me with a glare. "Will you be quiet! I'm trying to concentrate here." He whisper-yelled at me.

"We've been walking around this god-forsaken building for almost ten minutes with still not a single trace of Ash. Are you sure you know where you're going?" I asked irritatedly once again.

Winter turned to face me. "Well forgive me for not remembering every single hallway and corridor, Connor. It's not like I wasn't locked up when I was here." He snapped at me with his voiced coated with pure sass.

Before he could turn back to start walking, Trevor shot down another hunter holding a crossbow.

"Just let him do his thing, Connor." Trevor intervened, sending me a hard gaze.

Winter then started walking once again. And like usual, Trevor, two other warrior wolves, and I followed behind him. Once we came across another set of stairs, Winter turned to look at us.

"I think this is the right one heading to that room Ash and I used to be locked up in." He said.

I quirked an eyebrow. "You think?"

He just rolled his eyes and began ascending the stairs with Trevor next to him. Once we made it on top and into another hallway, Trevor and I made sure it was clear.

After shooting two hunters, we continued on with the mission. The silencer we equipped our guns doing its purpose. We can't afford to have more of these little f*ckers know we're here.

"Just at the end of this hallway," Winter said lowly as Trevor walked ahead of us with him following behind.

Stopping in front of a door, I looked at Winter with a questioning gaze.

"Is this it?" I asked in which he nodded.

"Yeah." He breathed out as he stared at the door, as if remembering his past experience. "This is it."

I turned to Trevor and the other warrior wolves and nodded. With that, I pulled Winter back as I went to kick the hinges as hard as I can, causing the door to fly open along with some tiny fragments of it.

Once we were inside, we were greeted with an empty room, making me frown. Winter then appeared next to me with the same frown I was wearing.

"He's not here." He said devastatingly as he stated the obvious.

"You're hundred percent sure this is the right room?" I asked once again, in which he nodded in confirmation.

"Yes. That was the bed Ash used to occupy. And that one near the window is mine." He said pointing at each bed. "Even the chains are still there." He added as he stared at a chain laying on the floor.

"Then where is he?" I questioned while looking around the room.

"Arnold, check the bathroom," Trevor ordered a warrior who quickly complied.

He then turned to Winter.

"Where do you think Azrael kept him other than this room?" He asked.

Winter looked up at him with his face full of hopelessness and fear. "I... I d-don't know." He stuttered out.