"Chapter 29" ✔

Song I listened to while writing: "Bring me to Life by Evanescence"

Also, this is a long chapter. I hope you all enjoy.

Ashley's POV

Walking next to Arthur as we head towards the dining place was okay until I saw the entrance heading inside the packed dining hall, which I assume would be enormous due to the number of people living in this freaking huge mansion. And I feel like this mansion's like 10 times bigger than the pack house where Connor and I stayed when we were in Colorado, and that is saying something. So yeah, this pack house is no joke when it comes to the size.

Anyway, as we neared the dining hall, my uneasiness started to get worse causing me to hold a little bit tighter onto Arthur's big warms hands.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he gazed down at me.

I nodded unsure whether I should say yes or no.

"If you're still not comfortable facing a lot of people, it's totally fine. There will always be a next time. There's no rush." He stated as he stopped in his tracks, stopping me in the process as well.

"No, it's okay. I'm just, I uh, I'm just a bit scared, is all." I told him as I stared into the entryway heading inside the dining hall.

"Remember, I'm right here. Relax, we'll just have our breakfast, then after that, we will go back to my apartment." He assured, which wasn't giving me much of an assurance that everything will be fine. But then again, he tried and that's what matters most.

"Are you certain that it's fine for me to join?" I asked again for like the hundredth time. "What if they don't like me," I stated worriedly as I glanced at the door. "We... We should just go back to our apartment and make our own breakfast." I said, thinking of backing out.

"Are you sure? We're already here... Wait, what did you say?" He said cutting mid-sentence.

"Uh, I said can we go back to our apartment so I can just cook us breakfast," I responded somewhat unsure if that was what he's referring to.

"Our apartment?" He asked smiling widely and genuinely.

"Uh yes? Is something wrong?" I responded back a question which he replied with a shake of his head.

"Nothing at all." He admitted making me look at him a bit confused as he grinned wide. "Our apartment." He repeated, still grinning like crazy. "Wow, that sounded so good when you say it."

"Oh." Was all I said, feeling my cheeks heat up when I finally realized why he was suddenly so damn happy.

"You don't know how much that means to me, bunny." He said which caused me to smile along with him.

"It was merely a comment," I admitted. "But if it makes you this happy, then I'm glad I said it," I started a bit shy that a simple sentence turned his mood this bright.

"A simple comment yet means so much more to me." He said, smiling softly at me. "Call me cheesy all you want, I don't care."

My smile went even wider.

"You are." I teased, causing him to chuckle. "But it's adorable. So it's even better."

"You know, you're ruining my moment here." He commented jokingly.

I giggled. "Sorry."

"It's all good." He said, still grinning. "So, do you still want to go back to our room?" He asked looking down at me expectantly.

"Well...." I started, still debating. I looked up at him and met his waiting gaze. "You're going to be there next to me the whole time right?" I asked, in which he nodded.